Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend I`m looking forward to attending the International Motorcycle Show in New York City at the Jacob Javitz Center. Has anyone here been to this show? What kind of vendors will be there? Leather? Exaust? Parts?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
So far, I have been to the last two shows in my area (Detroit) and so far, I have been unimpressed. The main intention for anyone to visit a show would be to view the new bikes for the upcoming year and for those who may plan on a purchase of a new bike, but you can also do this at the dealers. Otherwise, I see very little reason to pay $12 for what little they have. Now, I'm making the assumption the shows are the same or similar in all areas, but of course, I could be wrong. The Detroit show has very few vendors and that is the primary reason I visit. My intention is to seek the new accessories and receive a discounted price if possible. But the past two years has been the same with limited vendors as well as limited discounts. I don't think I'll be going to the next one.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Went last year Jan. Place can be a zoo, however, it is still well organized. The factory bike displays are well laid out and usually no problem with sitting on one to get a feel of the bike.Certain sections can get really packed.Example-Orange County Choppers booth area was wall to wall people. Want to buy something make an offer since all the toys seem to be there.

On a smaller note - I recommend eat before you go. The concession lines are usually long.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What can I buy there. Jackets? Leather? Bike parts?

·
Registered
806 Posts
Have any of you guys been to the Easyriders shows up there. There is one in Charlotte this weekend, be interested in your feedback if you've been. Mostly show bikes and glitz I think but fun to look at what you can't afford and think how uncomfortable or unreliable they are... :razz:

·
Registered
243 Posts
I was just at a Kawasaki dealer and asked him about the shows in Cleveland and Detroit. There is a difference he said. The Cleveland show is huge with all the parts and accessories vendors. He said the Detroit show is not so good. So there are different levels of involvement on the part of the industry. I think I read somewhere that Ohio has one of the highest number of motorcycle registrations in the country. Maybe that's what's up. But then again Detroit and Cleveland are pretty close together, so maybe not. I'm going to the Cleveland show next weekend. I called Corbin asking about one of their seats and found out that they are going to the Cleveland show. They're way out in California and coming to Cleveland, so maybe the Cleveland is pretty big.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Well, that's good to know I'm not losing my mind while everyone else is praising the shows elsewhere. Makes me wonder what the riding population must be in order to partake in a show. All I know is the lines are long and the wait can be longer. Seems to be a lot of riders or wannabe riders that I see. Either way, one would thing the potential is still good enough to participate.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Okay, the show here in NewYork was farkin` awesome! Everybody was there. I sat on almost every bike. The Triumph Rocket III was really NICE! I was a littler disappointed with Victory line, looks cheap. I bought a real nice biker jacket. There was some guys doing stunts on dirtbikes. And most importantly, lots of hot babes. Glad I went!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts