Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok heard somewhere that if you ride a thousand miles in 24 hrs you have earned the iron butt title. True? If so, anyone done this?

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
I did 1060 miles in 16 hours but didn't get it documented. My azz sure said I did it. :)

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Go to the above site, read up on the rules so you know what to do. Get your documentation straight, get your signatures, send copies of all your receipts and paperwork in with the check and wait. It takes them a while to get everything checked out AND you're not the first in line. It will get done though and if you've followed the rules and done the deed, you will get your award. I did the combined IBA/SS ride 1000 in 24 hours, 1500 in 36. Heading out for another 1000 this July with 3 other folks in my riding group.

Be careful though, you might end up selling your cruiser and buying a tourer.

·
Step up or step aside
180 Posts
Got a friend that's going Jacksonville to San Diego in 50 hours......on a Goldwing. Heard about the 11,000 in 11 days too.

Still, I have to ask WHY?!!

·
Registered
201 Posts
I've done 600 miles on my 900 custom in 10 hrs. Don't think it would be to hard to do that 1000 on a bagger, It all depends on your destination I would think.

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
I did 1060 miles in 16 hours but didn't get it documented. My azz sure said I did it. :)
+1... coming back from RL last year, Sergio and I did 800 in a little over 15 hours.
I would have seriously considered doing the last 200 if I had kept my fuel receipts and then just gotten some friends in Montana to vouch for me on the paperwork, but I pretty much paid cash for all of my gas and didn't save a single receipt... all I had was the GPS tracks which isn't good enough.

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Why would someone climb Everest when it's been done before?

Personal accomplishment.

Seriously though, IBA didn't used to issue 1,000 mile certs. Their minimum used to be 1500 in 36 hours, but for some reason they were pressured into creating the 1000/24 class.

·
IBA#34418
6,332 Posts

Use that same question as to riding a motorcycle and you have answered you're own question.

Its not something everyone can or will do. Plus it was fun!

Their minimum used to be 1500 in 36 hours, but for some reason they were pressured into creating the 1000/24 class.
Wow, never knew that. After doing the Saddle Sore I am seriously concidering doing this ride. It would be easier I think.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts