Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yet another example of why motorcyclists are frowned upon by many. :mad: What an irresponsible idiot!!!

High-speed chase on I-565 ends with motorcycle crash

Friday, December 28, 2007 By NIKI DOYLE

Times Staff Writer [email protected]

Athens man was ticketed many times since 2003
A brief high-speed chase Thursday on Interstate 565 ended when a man with a history of traffic violations rear-ended a car, splitting his motorcycle in two. Wesley Albritton, 30, slammed into the back of a silver Toyota Corolla and flipped over the car, flying about 30 feet into the air and landing about 50 to 60 yards away, witnesses said.

Albritton was taken to Huntsville Hospital with multiple injuries, said HEMSI Chief Operations Officer Don Webster. He was in surgery late Thursday.

State troopers clocked Albritton shortly before 3 p.m. while he was traveling east on I-565 near Zierdt Road. His initial speed was close to 100 mph, said trooper spokesman Curtis Summerville. "When the trooper turned on his blue lights, (Albritton) kept going," Summerville said. "I think he was changing lanes, attempting to get away from the trooper, when he hit that car from behind." The chase lasted only about three minutes, Summerville said. The motorcycle landed in the median with its two wheels coming to rest about 60 feet apart. Huntsville and Madison police cleared debris from the road, with one officer tossing one of Albritton's gloves - which was found several hundred feet from the motorcycle - into the median.

Court records show Albritton, who lives in Athens, has been ticketed multiple times for speeding, driving under the influence, reckless driving and following too closely since May 2003.
Albritton had at least nine scheduled court dates this year for traffic violations, including one for driving with a suspended license.
A suspension notice was issued Dec. 13 for an incident in October when police clocked Albritton going 114 mph in a 55 mph zone, court records show.

Summerville said even though the wreck occurred in Huntsville's jurisdiction, the state troopers will investigate the crash. The trooper pursuing Albritton did not hit the motorcycle, Summerville said.
"All the trooper did was try to stop him," he said.

·
Registered
19,728 Posts
Limit the guy to a 49cc moped and make him wear a vest with a target painted on it for the rest of his life.

·
US Submarine Force Vet
66 Posts
It's the high profile morons who put all of us in a bad light

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
What is the speed limit for you guys?
Here in South Australia it is 50kmph/31mph in the suburbs xcept on major roads where it is 60kmph/37mph.
On the freeway and out in the country the speed limit is 110kmph/68mph. We aslo have other limits depending on the roads and situations ranging from 25kmph/15mph around schools to 100kmph/62mph.
The other states have different limits to ours in different situations and from memory there country limit is 100kmph/62mph.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
He would be a putz no matter what he was piloting. Just happened to be a bike this time.

·
Poser Proud®
3,778 Posts
What is the speed limit for you guys?
Here in South Australia it is 50kmph/31mph in the suburbs xcept on major roads where it is 60kmph/37mph.
On the freeway and out in the country the speed limit is 110kmph/68mph. We aslo have other limits depending on the roads and situations ranging from 25kmph/15mph around schools to 100kmph/62mph.
The other states have different limits to ours in different situations and from memory there country limit is 100kmph/62mph.
In Texas usually 30 mph in town, 55 mph on most 2 lane rural, 70 mph on most major highways, and 80 mph on some large rural highways.

We have lots of illegals that have no license and could care less. I arrested one for DWI that has 6 DWI arrests on his record. Doesn't have a license to take away. Another guy that lives here has so many DWLS I can't count them, but he just goes to court and pays the ticket then jumps in his car and drives away. In some towns they impound the vehicles of DWLS, no DL, and or no insurance offenders - I hope we start doing that here.

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
He would be a putz no matter what he was piloting. Just happened to be a bike this time.
I agree. This guy is a first rate idiot with a capital "I". But what most folks will lock onto is that he is a BIKER and is irresponsible and endangering others on the roadways. That is the thing fact that makes it harder for those of us who are responsible riders.:mad:

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
you get them everywhere...... i work with a guy who recently bragged about outrunning a highway patrol doing 280kph (170mph) on an R1 yamaha :roll: He was also quite proud of the fact that he rode through a small town with a 60kph (36mph) speed limit at 200kph (120mph) i felt like taking his helmet out of his hands and belting him across the head with it. He got caught speeding a week later, doing 120kph in a 100 zone......

·
Registered
289 Posts
Ya know who I feel sorry for....The poor Bike! :lol:

Limit the guy to a 49cc moped and make him wear a vest with a target painted on it for the rest of his life.
Hahaha, we got a bunch of those guys that ride around town. Usually its the DWI or DWS guys that don't wanna get popped again! I see them riding around all the time on those 49 cc scooters and riding lawn mowers. And whats even funnier. I always see them parked outside the local bars! Most people don't seem to realize, you can get a DUI on a lawn mower! :lol:

·
Vintage bike addict
4,812 Posts
Guys like that need their license revoked for life! If he's ever caught driving again, confiscate the vehicle!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts

·
MaNaMaNa DoDoDoDoDo
4,767 Posts
OK. So what exactly is a DWS? If it's swearing, I am in big trouble.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts