Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first off I'm 6'1'' 200 lbs...i've never owned a bike, but i really want to change that. I found a GREAT deal on a 500 vulcan, but i was wondering if thats too small of a bike for me.
thanks for any replies

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

no sir - not too small at all :wink:
take the saftey course grab the vulcan and start riding 8)

ride safe :wink:

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Great choice for a first bike.

All bikes are basically made for M.Joe Average, At your size you may find it a little on the small size but then so are most of the bikes on the road. Not a big difference in rider "space" between the 500 and 1500, biggest difference would be the "thickness of the bike" rather than the distance from seat to pedals and bars.

Enjoy it, it will be a great learning tool.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Perfect beginner bike for your size

I started out with a GZ 250 after the motorcycle training. Have just moved up to a Vulcan 500. It's great! But with my lack of experience, and being considerably shorter, the 250 was a great starter for me. But I soon outgrew it.
I love the pep in the 500. You may outgrow it too. But it's easier when you're new to ridiing to pass the test on a smaller bike.
Got mine off ebay.
Keep the rubber down. : )

·
Registered
19 Posts
I guess that makes me odd man out. I'm 6'2"/220 and my first bike was the road star warrior. I guess I didn't want to find myself in a position where I had outgrown the bike so I just went with one of the biggest I could find. I'll admit my rationale was probably flawed, but I definately don't regret my decision. I ride it everyday and don't feel like it's too much bike at all.

Even though I didn't do it, I do agree with the other responses. Upgrading if you need to isn't a bad thing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts