Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1974 G5-B in candy orange. Someone stole the tank. I found a candy blue tank. My painter does vintage
painting a lot and said its a 3 step paint job, and that all he needs is an original candy orange junk tank that he can buff
a 4"x4" spot down, to find the beautiful original color to match the paint perfectly, and, to measure how much of the other
2 layers in the steps they litterally used. I cannot find a Candy Orange anything.

I found a new old stock "metal" front fender from an F7, year unknown but early-mid 70's. Beautiful, perfect, bright orange,
never saw the light in its life. The part number is listed as Burnt Orange, the other color it came in was "candy" blue. That fact,
makes me wonder if this burnt Orange is really the same thing as my G5-c "Candy" Orange. Sure looks like it by eye, though
I don't have my original tank anymore... but again, Kawasaki had a plain orange paint not as stunning too.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Partzilla has a new candy orange fuel tank listed for your bike for $268. Not sure what your painter would charge but it might be worth looking into getting a brand new, rust-free tank. I presume it would come with the decals applied, but I would check on that.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Partzilla won't have an old fuel tank. If you click the tank, the page for the tank lists it as not available. Also, if you put it in the shopping car, the shopping cart also lists it as unavailable. :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
It might be worth a call to Partzilla. Their website does say "not available" but it also says ships in 3-4 days and includes a price. In other cases a part will simply state NOT AVAILABLE and it won't offer a price or when it would ship. In this instance Partzilla not only allowed me to put the fuel tank into the shopping cart but it allowed me all the way through to paying for it. If they don't have it, then they have a very strange way of saying it.

Having said all that, I would indeed be surprised if they had such an old tank in stock or a source for such a tank. However, I think it would be worth a call.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts