Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it too noisy or is it my imagination? Excuse my ignorance on this topic...

I have a GPZ500s 2003. It is in very good condition, low mileage (3000miles) and had an MOT and a service only three weeks ago. I am attempting to determine whether it is blowing or if what I am hearing is normal. I don't know what is normal for this model but mine has two exhausts (one on each side) and most of the other ones I see have one - so I don't know if it has been modified.

When It ticks over it is isn't particularly noisy but it is also not a quiet bike either. When I am on the bike I don't really notice the growl but I do notice that when I am in 2nd and 3rd there is a lot of head-turning and I am pretty sure I am not that good looking:D

Any thoughts please?

·
Super Moderator
2,570 Posts
It is nearly impossible to advise anything without being able to hear the noise. Can you post a video with sound track so we can hear what it sounds like from a pedestrian's point of view?

·
Super Moderator
2,570 Posts
Step one. Hand mobile phone to wife or girlfriend (but not both)
Step two. Drive past wife or girlfriend while they record you.
Step three. Upload movie to this thread.;)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Step one. Hand mobile phone to wife or girlfriend (but not both)
Step two. Drive past wife or girlfriend while they record you.
Step three. Upload movie to this thread.;)
I didn't get around to that in the end, but I did take it out for a long 600-mile drive, and on the way back the exhaust blew big-time - so much so that I had to change the exhaust - when they put the new (SH) one on it was still growling - so I have an idea now of what it sounds like when it goes south - but thanks for the solution

1 - 6 of 6 Posts