Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
can any-one help me?

:? does any-one know anything about the atv's? i guess i'll have to find another forum with more members or some thing, it has almost been a week since I posted, and my warranty runs-out the 29th of this month.

·
Proud Owner Of This Forum & Beartooth Kawasaki
2,735 Posts
I posted a reply to you in the mechanic section days ago. If you are still wondering about the belt light, if it's still under warranty by all means take it to your dealer, for you to reset it without a service manual would not be good. 8)

·
2,735 Posts
By the way if it's adjustung your belt you will want to use about a .08 mm shim if you wanting to tighten the belt, however you will have to know if it is in spec or on the border of the top of the spec or bottom depending on which way you go, do you get belt squeal when you take off or when you setting idle in neutral? 8)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
belt adjustment

ok thanx, I just get frustrated easy. It squeals when I throttle hard taking off.

·
2,735 Posts
Ok the belt is to loose, would you like to order a service manual? If you take it to your dealer still under warranty ( if he is a good dealer) they will take care of that for you no charge I would think , we would here at Beartooth Kawasaki! 8)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanx fella

8) thanx for the info. I asked the service guy that the other day, and he said that he didn't think that the warranty would cover the belt. But since my cvt cover was missing a bolt, since I got it most likely, and mud and water got in it I suppose that is kinda up in the air. I don't know if the bolt was missing from the showroom, 'cause it was naturally the one on the bottom kinda behind the right fender. so it's up to them if they want to cover it I suppose. But thanx for the advice. I bought my ride @ carver equipment co. Dunn N.C., and I don't think that they have worked on them much. (new dealer) 8)

·
Registered
2 Posts
belt adjustment, belt light reset

my bike did the same thing with the belt my dealer wanted to charge me but i said forget it, i instead bought the factory manual and did it myself.
being a mechanic it was cheaper. i also had to reset the belt light that was easy, there is a grey and black wiring connector below the fuel tank and right beside the carb you simply reverse the connectors grey to black, and black to grey, they are the only one's that fit together , turn the key on and off then it's done ,replace the wiring to normal and your finished you might want to check that your belt switch in the converter case is reset too :D easy.. the dealer wanted to charge an arm and two legs to do that :lol: and that was when it was only 2 months old with 120 km.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My bike kawasaki 360 has the check belt light flashing , i've tried the wiring connecttor fix but does not fix it where should i go next, i don't have a service manual but am trying to locate one

·
Registered
32 Posts
For the 360, pull off the converter cover and check if the switch has been tripped. The switch will be pushed forward if the belt is too loose or is starting to come apart. If the switch is tripped you cannot reset no matter what.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts