Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,187 Posts
Ok, no worries. Is there any chance you were sent the wrong springs? Any chance you have the wrong number of plates or installed in the wrong order? I assume you have slack in the cable and slack in the adjustment mechanism.
I think the Mobile One oil is unlikely the culprit, but you can always try switching back to whatever you used before.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just my 2 cent worth, I rebuilt a 1984 Honda cbx750, stripped engine down the full rebuild, that bike would only run on "rock" oil ,clutch wouldn't operate with synthetic oil

·
Registered
13 Posts
I guess I will take it all apart and put it all back again and hope for different results. With a different brand of oil.

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
By Nathanb: I have the 1982 GPZ550-H1
Clockwise then counter. .... If anyone knows something else that will keep it from engaging please let me know.

Did you try counterclockwise first? Since I already mentioned it, that would be the common sense thing to do. I'm pretty sure a 550 would be ccw then cw. Some manuals are ambiguous as to the direction, including some Kawasaki FSMs. The page below says ccw until it seats lightly & would apply to the later models, unless another change was made for subsequent years. My 650 manual says ccw until hard to turn.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts