Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, I am from Ireland and I am seriously thinking of buying a meanstreak and I have a few questions that i would appreciate your help with :? First any major difference in the 1500 and 1600 meanstreak. There are major discounts here for the 1500 so obviously thats the preference, but i don't want to buy something that i regret. I am 5" 10" in height, should that be a consideration?
Second, the roads here are not exactly interstate standard, more twists and turns than a good football player and road surface is non to smooth either. I am concerned about ground clearance, and the damage it may do to the pegs, etc.
Third, i have no experiece on foot forward controls, should this be a consideration, or is it easy to get used to.
Fourth, the pillion seat...or lack of it. The good lady likes to come for spin every now and then and she will not get on my sports bike at the moment, but the pillion seat?... bit small.
Most of the bikes here a heavy duty sports bikes (big culture in road racing here..Isle of Man TT, etc) and subsequently its hard to find a local dealer that stocks the meanies. Nearest ones are in England. So most of my research has been done on the web (by the way, this is a great site and your contributions have been very useful). Due to various speeding adventures with the local law enforcement, my bike licence is under threat and I have decided that it now time to fullfill a dream and buy a cruiser and the meanie is the best looking one there is (and it preforms also...or so all the commentators say). Still there is nothing like advice from guys who ride it every day.
Any help or advice would be very much appreciated.
Cheers and safe riding
Snoop

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

welcome snoop :wink:

i'll let the meanie guys tell you what an awesome bike it is,but to help
answer you questions.

the 1600 is really a punched out 1500 with a little different timing and the difference is there but not night and day-i don't think you would stop smiling on the 1500 :wink: don't worry about the roads that's the kind the meanie likes and if you don't scrap the pegs once and awhile-you ain't having any fun :lol: you'll get used to the foot position its not that bad-for 2up riding change the seat,you prolly will anyway most folks do. you know your buying a
perfromance cruiser and it begs to be ridden like one.all the bike needs is
a couple of mods to help it breath and away you go :twisted:

its a blast to ride and i bum a chance to climb on it from the guys in the club every chance i get :lol:

ride safe!

·
Registered
487 Posts
snoop
the meanie is a great bike, it is a cross between a sport bike and a cruiser. I am 5 11 220 lbs and have yet to find a road bad enough it would'nt handle. as far as the pillion it sucks for any kind of long term riding, but that is why they make after market seats. I currently own a 2002, 2003 1500 and am in the process of buying a 2004 1600. Good luck on your choice and have fun. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey, thanks guys. It's looking more and more the correct thing to do every day. Now all I have to do is to sell Yam!!! :wink:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts