Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:razz:
IMO Its maybe over the line for size...

What do you think, If you could Would ya ?

And I hate that **** headlight...

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

i've rode it a few times and i like it above 20mph but i don't care for
the size at slow speed riding - but the guys that own them seem to love them :wink:

·
Registered
67 Posts
I don't know it seems like the bigger CC's you go the bigger the whole bike get's in the cruiser world. Yeah I like the 2000 but I mean if they could get that motor in an 800 chassis you could run with ZX-10s

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bykman said:
I don't know it seems like the bigger CC's you go the bigger the whole bike get's in the cruiser world. Yeah I like the 2000 but I mean if they could get that motor in an 800 chassis you could run with ZX-10s

LOL Now I'd buy that.... :grin:

·
Registered
439 Posts
What is the point of havin it THAT big and heavy? I doubt it cruises any better than mine. Also as everyone seems to agree, that "THING" they are callin a headlight ruins the whole look of it. Vulcans are supposed to look great, what were they THINKIN???????

·
Sprinting G-Man
4,169 Posts
There was a blurb about the 2000 in a British bike mag that said something to the effect...Not a bad ride if you can get it off of the bleedin' side stand! I've gott'a agree with that--never have ridden one but it's the heaviest bike I've ever pulled off the stand. At what point is "too much" enough? :-?
Guess I'll stick with the Nomad! :grin:

Scott

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
I'd <3 (love) to have one. Yes it is heavy bringing it up from the kickstand, but the cog seems to be very low. The headlight is tight, but I'm still unsure about the headlight nacelle.

Phatboy

·
Registered
26 Posts
2000 Too Big!

That headlight is a farce!! I think bikes are going to come to a peak as did the muscle cars...enough is enough. Don't get me wrong I like lots of power and torque too but the weight to power ratio will soon kick in. They increased the power but the weight increased too, so what’s the gain. Put that engine on the 1500 or 1600 frame and you might have something...
To each its own I guess. On a positive note...it’s a Kawasaki!!

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
Never been on one....just looked at one at the dealer. My thoughts seem to reflect others about the headlight....and I asked myself....WHY? :shock:

I think it would be fun to ride one....until then I really don't have an opinion on how it handles.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I test rode a VTX 1800 before buying my Nomad. Liked the power, very roadworthy, tracked well, but it was more than a little diffidcult on tight corners. Personally, my Nomad handles better than that, and according to a buddy who got rid of his 1500 to get a Vulcan 2000, the bigger VUlcan doesn't corner nearly as well as the Nomad, feels heavier, and is a little sluggish on response (leaning, etc).

The questions of 'bigger is better' will go on. Thing is, making a mega-twin to say you have the most power is pointless. Other designs (bmw k-series, Valkerie, FJR 1300, ST1300, even Concourse), have more bang-for-buck power for road trips, so the argument for a road-cruising V-twin is dubious at best. So what does that leave? Well, the discussion quickly reduces to a street-mean, muscle bike (a la Exile Customs). If that's the driver, then great, I say get the bigger V-twin.

To each his own, and I know everyone flirts with getting a little more power, but as far as a 'total package' V-twin bike goes, I'll stick with the 1500 (or something in that class).

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
I like the v2k but I agree with ya'll on that headlight assembly, its butt ugly. It is a heavy bike and with my size and all, it'd be way more that I'd care to get off the side stand. Still I'd like to give one a test spin

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I sat on VN2000 – way too heavy. Also, I think they try to make the bike more appealing to Harley riders by the fact that the engine uses push rods instead of overhead cams. I heard they used push rods to make the engine height lower but I think they use it to make it look more like Harley. Why would you use an antiquated design on the latest motor?

·
Registered
570 Posts
The aesthetics of the headlight are debatable, but its functionality is not. The 3 low beam projectors do an incredible job of lighting ahead and both sides. Flip on the high beam (4 bulbs now) and its like a sunny day or a car with HID's. The sidestand is too short ,as Kawasaki has admitted, but I've been told a longer one will be available. The presence and stability of a 2000 above 20mph is so appealing to me. Below that speed one needs to always be aware of its heft, but I didn't choose this bike to cruise at those speeds. Its simplicity, enormous torque and being a bit porky make this the Viper of the motorcycle world. In fact, the hp/wt ratio of a Gen 2 Viper and a VN2000 is virtually identical as are their quarter mile times(but not their mph).

·
RIP Deron Harden :-(
32,545 Posts
to each their own, but its not for me. normally i would be a "bigger is better" advocate, but on cruisin bikes my opinion tends to change a little. then again, i am only 5'8" and 170 lbs and already on an 800 plus pound motorcycle. at least for the weight of my Nomad, i get all the touring necessities. just my $0.02.

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
...but to set a pair of good aftermarket pipes on one and hear that big motor roar would be nice too.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I would like to try one. I have ridden the VTX 1800. That will bring a smile to your face as you go through the gears, but the handling was fair. The Meanstreak does not put out as much power, but it handles great for its size. I would have several bikes if I could afford it and had a bigger garage.

·
Sprinting G-Man
4,169 Posts
brian said:
I would like to try one. I have ridden the VTX 1800. That will bring a smile to your face as you go through the gears, but the handling was fair. The Meanstreak does not put out as much power, but it handles great for its size. I would have several bikes if I could afford it and had a bigger garage.
Me too!!! Got the room--need the cash. :?

Scott

1 - 20 of 74 Posts