Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 40 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
My bike had been sitting for sometime also. They had to clean out the carborator also. The old gas was all gooed up.

·
Registered
15 Posts
yeah, this bike leaks gas a little if you turn the fuel on/off switch. talked to the guy across the street from me who also looked at the bike and he said that he thinks it is the floats in the carb.
anybody know what the best shop manual for this bike is?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
We had to also replace the rubber gasket/washer/ring that is on the inside of the thing that turns the reserve on/off. Mine was leaking gas from there as well.
You're going to have a blast once you get 'er all flushed out and out on the road!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Anyone have a luggage rack that'll fit a EN500 Ltd that you want to part with?
A friend brought me a brand new luggage rack for an 800. But it doesn't seem to fit from what I can tell. Could prolly be geri-rigged. I'd just as soon put the right one on that fits though.
Know anyone who "needs" a luggage rack for an 800?
Back to the throttle being so touchy. I've also noticed that my bike jumps a bit when I start it with it in gear EVEN THO I've got the clutch pulled in all the way tight.
I've noticed that when I got to back 'er up into the garage, it takes a lot of leg work. Seems to me that she should roll easily when I'm holding the clutch in.
Any ideas?
I finally turned over 600 miles on the odo!
Took my 1st 100-mile ride last weekend. It was gorgeous outside!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
To Hal9000,

I tried to check out the forum that you sent the URL for.
I think it was telling me that I needed to register. I'm afraid I didn't make it very far.
Is there a place where this forum is translated into English?
Thank you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi

Theres a Area not nesecary to register-feel free to post in english, everone will answer in english, or we will translate for you.

Free Area -no register needed http://10969.rapidforum.com/area=6 push the button" Neues Thema" wich means "New Topic"

completly is not translatet, I want to do this in the past, but the webmaster, see no reason to make it, maybe if more 500 driver from outside germany comes-he will do this :).

The Adress for the Enginecover at your other posting, I will look for it after eastern

Greets

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just wanted to jump on the bandwagon as another EN500 owner. Mine is a '92 and it only has 1295 miles on it and I've had it less than a month.

Unfortunately, it was not taken care of and has a lot of surface rust. I too am cleaning out the carbs because of a similar "4 year old gas turned into nasty gum" problem. I bought the bike as my first "project bike" and I'm publishing my progress at http://dev4net.com/projectvulcan. Check it out.

I highly encourage more threads on the 500's. It's the main reason I joined. Thanks!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I still have this beautiful brand new luggage rack for a Vulcan 800. Let me know if you're interested.
If anyone has a luggage rack for a EN500 Ltd that you aren't using & would like to part with, please let me know.
Yeah I know the Kawa dealer has them. But I also know that some bikers take this 'n that off & try some other thiss's 'n thats and wind up with extra parts sitting around the kitchen, garage, bedroom, den, livingroom etc. Personal experience. :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Anyone know of a rear fender that will fit the EN500 Ltd that looks like the 800 Classic?
I found that the Gold Wing GL 1100 goes down low on the back of the front tire and with a little tweeking on the holes where it fastens to the forks it fits the EN500 Ltd and looks great!
Anyone have any experience with getting paint that matches the Kawa colors? I've tried several, but haven't come up with the gorgeous bright metallic red on my 500.

·
Registered
11 Posts
500 miles

Hi all. My bike is going in on Friday for its 500 mile ah....."tune up". Personally, I'm not so sure this is neccessary; I think the dealer just wants my $250. I was told the mechanic is going to change the oil (which I can do myself) and then "look at the valves to make sure they're breaking in properly". Give me a break. $250 for this?? If it didn't void the warranty to skip the whole thing I probably would. They already have enough of my money.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Saddlebags

I'm looking to buy a Vulcan 500 in the next couple of weeks. I was wondering if anybody had saddlebags and if so who made them and what model are they?

FatCat

·
Registered
3 Posts
Saddle Bags for Vulcan 500

I have the Willie and Max Compact studded slant saddlebags on my 500 and just love them. They hold plenty and look sharp. They also have silver and gold eagle conchos. The best part they are on sale right now for $101.99.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello Everybody

I just bought an 04 vulcan 500.

It already has 17.000 km's on it, as the previous owner just wanted to take it touring around the states for a couple of months.

I was wondering if their is any aftermarket exhausts and if it is possible to fit a diff. rear fedner to have the bike as a solo seat?

Wes

21 - 40 of 137 Posts