Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about buying this bike on craigslist. But I am a little confused. Looking at the paint and seat it looks like an LT but the owner says he doesn'tknow but that it never had bags or a windshield. Was this a special paint scheme for the classic?

2008 Vulcan 900

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
I have an LT, this looks like the LT but maybe he has taken off the accessories, windshield, sissy bar etc.
not arguing just saying its kind of strange to buy an LT at the higher price then take off all the LT package for a classic look. Unless he only wanted the color choice? I know somebody that did that on his V2k LT.

·
1600 Nomad
147 Posts
That's an LT. Check on the warranty, as the LT is two years, and the Classic one year.

Dealers build the bikes from a crate. Buyer says I want the classic, but can I get it two tone like that blue one....

Dealers builds it without the add on's, and sells the add on's to others. Better profit.

I paid $7k new last June for my 900 Classic. Could have gotten $200 less at another dealer.

$5,300 not too bad a price, considering the LT paint and warranty.

·
Patriot Guard Rider
1,694 Posts
Could it be a wrecked LT with the bad parts taken off? Paint scheme and studded seat say "LT" model. LT's have windshield, bags, & passenger backrest. The Missing chrome fender brace cover makes me think it's an LT that's had a lot of stuff taken off of it.

:D
Aif

·
Fat Bottomed Girl
15,029 Posts
If you look real close the rear fender brace, chrome cover is missing.

:D
Aif
You had to look close for that? Ha ha! Chances are, it was an LT due to the paint and studded saddle. The poster says in the listing it isn't even his bike...he's listing it for a friend. Anyone know the numbers for the LT in the VIN? Numbers 4-8 will say exactly what model it is.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now I'm confused. At first I though it was a good deal but now you guys have me thinking it's been wrecked and fixed. I called earlier and he said there was nothing wrong with it but didn't know about bags and windshield.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
It is a 2008 900 Classic LT. That colourway is 2008. It's weird that it doesn't have the LT "extras" on it, even down to the chrome fender cover being removed/not added.

Maybe they just liked the two-tone paintjob in a stripped down form.

It looks OK from the one tiny photo. Ask the seller if it has ever been dropped.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I going to call the guy back after lunch. You guys know more about this stuff than I do any specifics I should ask. If I buy this I'll have to drive about 4 hours to get it so I don't want to get there and find it's not what I was expecting.

·
Fat Bottomed Girl
15,029 Posts
Not sure about the paint. And don't get too worried about it being wrecked. Just look in to it. Check the VIN. JKA will be the first three. The next five should likely be VN2D1 I believe for an LT. I'll check Crysti's for a regular Classic if no one finds it before then.

·
IBA#34418
6,332 Posts
That isn't a 2008 color scheme. Correct me if I am wrong but I believe they were white and gold. Then red and black. The blue is way off from the blue and silver that was out in 06.

If its an LT then someone has removed all the parts. I would be leary of it. No 900 classic came 2 tone from the factory.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That isn't a 2008 color scheme. Correct me if I am wrong but I believe they were white and gold. Then red and black. The blue is way off from the blue and silver that was out in 06.

If its an LT then someone has removed all the parts. I would be leary of it. No 900 classic came 2 tone from the factory.
Yeah, I'm starting to wonder about this one.

·
'01 1500 Classic FI
1,163 Posts
There were 3 different tu-tone color schemes available for the 2008 900 LT:

Two-Tone Luminous Polaris Blue / Atomic Silver

Two-Tone Candy Cardinal Red / Metallic Diablo Black

Two-Tone Pearl Crystal White / Metallic Titanium

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You show 3 pics but none are blue. But I think you just forgot to add the Luminous Polaris Blue / Atomic Silver

·
'01 1500 Classic FI
1,163 Posts
You show 3 pics but none are blue. But I think you just forgot to add the Luminous Polaris Blue / Atomic Silver
Are you color blind or do you need reading glasses? :wink:

The top pic is the Luminous Polaris Blue / Atomic Silver although it looks more like Atomic Silver with Luminous Polaris Blue side covers. I can see the Luminous Polaris Blue on top of gas tank and fenders.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts