Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
08 1500, just turned 10,000 miles. Have been noticing more and more vibration at idle. Changed the oil about a week ago and when checking for leaks (with it running) heard what sounds like a knock that wasn't there 2500 miles earlier.

·
Test Pilot
2,916 Posts
Other than the engine idling too high, I don't hear anything really abnormal here, then again, my hearing isn't what it use to be.
BTW, where did you purchase that cup holder I saw in your other video ?

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had just raised the idle to see if it would eliminate the noise. I'll lower it a bit tomorrow, have to do it by ear until I can get my hands on a tach. I'll try to get a vid with better sound too. Probably the normal knock, just strange that it started now. I was trying to show the vibration in the other video, the video doesn't do it justice.
Oh, that's a Barefoot Willie's cup holder. I got it at J&P, but I've seen them in quite a few places.

·
Test Pilot
2,916 Posts
Well, I think it sounds just perfect. I actually went out and started mine, and although mine idle's a bit slower than yours still, your engine sounds beautiful.
If I were you, I'd just ride that bad boy not worry about the sound, it's all good as far as I'm concerned. Hope this helps. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.