Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,
I just installed the Kuryakyn ISO grip on the throttle side of my 2004 800 Classic. All went well and there is no binding of the throttle.
I do however have a little slop on the end of the bar. It fells like it needs a spacer to take up the slack.:frown:

Anyone else have this issue. If so what was your resolution.

Once I get these installed I will be installing ISO Wing Pegs, Brake Pedal and Shifter WHOOO:mrgreen:

Thanks in Advance

·
USE BATH SALTS
298 Posts
extra slack or play in the cable or at the end of the bar?? if the grips are longer than ur throttle sleeve, not much you can do. or is the throttle built into those grips??

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank BM,
do you notice the slop when you ride?

Spitbeard, it's sloppy on the end when you lift it up and down. The cables are set perfect, no play in the throttle forward or reverse and no play in (towards the brake resevoir) or out(torwards the grip end).
These were bought as per Kuryakyn's specs for the Vulcan 800.There is very little movement but there is movement. I unhooked the cables and wrapped one continous piece of electric tape on the bar, slid the grip on and the grip would not spin freely, so there's very little slop.

Maybe I'm too anal.

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Thank BM,
do you notice the slop when you ride?

Spitbeard, it's sloppy on the end when you lift it up and down. The cables are set perfect, no play in the throttle forward or reverse and no play in (towards the brake resevoir) or out(torwards the grip end).
These were bought as per Kuryakyn's specs for the Vulcan 800.There is very little movement but there is movement. I unhooked the cables and wrapped one continous piece of electric tape on the bar, slid the grip on and the grip would not spin freely, so there's very little slop.

Maybe I'm too anal.
I don't notice it when riding.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's good to know Blue, I didn't want the feeling that the grip was gonna fall off.:cry:

Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts