Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Southern by Heart
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i learned my lesson never buy your kurkyan grips off ebay cuz thay wont warranty them i have had mine for about 8mnts and the left grip started rusting i emailed them and they said that theres nothing they can do cuz i bought them off ebay that SUCKS...oh well looks like i will be ordering new ones from sac looking forward to that

·
Registered
863 Posts
Ok i learned my lesson never buy your kurkyan grips off ebay cuz thay wont warranty them i have had mine for about 8mnts and the left grip started rusting i emailed them and they said that theres nothing they can do cuz i bought them off ebay that SUCKS...oh well looks like i will be ordering new ones from sac looking forward to that
I'm done with ebay. I ordered grips from what looked like a reputable dealer. I waited over three weeks. No grips. Finally complained to Paypal and they got my money back. Excuse was he was in a bike crash and just couldn't ship them. Learned my lesson. I ordered them from J&P and they were at my door in 4 days. I chose J&P so they would keep sending me new catalogs. Also I believe they'll stand behind what they sell. Sometimes it's hardly worth trying to save 5-10 bucks. I spent over $50 in frustration.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I'm done with ebay. I ordered grips from what looked like a reputable dealer. I waited over three weeks. No grips. Finally complained to Paypal and they got my money back. Excuse was he was in a bike crash and just couldn't ship them. Learned my lesson. I ordered them from J&P and they were at my door in 4 days. I chose J&P so they would keep sending me new catalogs. Also I believe they'll stand behind what they sell. Sometimes it's hardly worth trying to save 5-10 bucks. I spent over $50 in frustration.
I thought I would save some $$ getting a set of brakes off ebay....not so much.
Ended up with brake calipers "stuck-on" chewing up my rotors because the little teat on the top of one of the pads was just a few thousandths too wide, enough to let them jam and hang "closed" after application.
Just not worth it for parts that are going to be exposed, the old adage...you get what you pay for still rings true.

·
Registered
17,940 Posts
Ok i learned my lesson never buy your kurkyan grips off ebay cuz thay wont warranty them i have had mine for about 8mnts and the left grip started rusting i emailed them and they said that theres nothing they can do cuz i bought them off ebay.
You're not alone. Most companies like Kuryakyn will only honor a warranty when the part is purchased through one of their own dealers. My company is the same way. The reason is quality control. They cant guaranty the quality of something that they didn't sell themselves through their own channels. In theory, it could even be a very good knock off.

·
Registered
789 Posts
You're not alone. Most companies like Kuryakyn will only honor a warranty when the part is purchased through one of their own dealers. My company is the same way. The reason is quality control. They cant guaranty the quality of something that they didn't sell themselves through their own channels. In theory, it could even be a very good knock off.
Or a not so good knock off!

I rather pass up a "bargain" than get burned too much on auction sites have no means of verifying the quality. Plenty of legit dealers looking for your business with sales and discounts. I have a buddy that sells a lot on ebay all stuff he picks up at salvage auctions and foreclosure sales He has no knowledge of the items history or legitimacy other than what he's told they are.

·
Registered
17,940 Posts
Ya know, places like eBay are only as good as it's users.

*knocks wood* I've had very good luck there myself as both a buyer and seller but like anything else, it's buyer beware.

·
2007 VN900 LT
144 Posts
One rule I have is when I need something, Use ebay to lookup all the all the options with the type of item (let's say: waterproof blankets). That allows me to see what's out there.
If I see an item I like on ebay I try and find out the brand name, then I search Amazon or other reputable online places to see what they offer for it. I have been surprised to find the price difference on the Final sale prices sometimes are not that much different.

But this only works on Brand-name items. I have gotten quite a bit of wacky stuff on eBay (like chrome bolt covers for the Vulcan), that just isn't anywhere else.

I did get my new 900 seat off ebay (it was a custom done seat) for $100. But I still had to send it out for Gel & Memory Foam. So it still cost me $250 when all was said & done. And it's still not a Mustang.

It's like Garage sales, sometimes you get a great deal, sometimes you get just more crap!

·
Registered
414 Posts
I have had great success with e-bay, never ever been ripped off. I check it almost everyday for prices and when I find the right price I grab it. I also only buy from someone with a great reputation 98% or higher. I am also a very chaep guy and will not pay retail if I don't have to.

·
Ride Naked ..
2,607 Posts

·
Grade "A" Poser
2,455 Posts
I have had great success with e-bay, never ever been ripped off. I check it almost everyday for prices and when I find the right price I grab it. I also only buy from someone with a great reputation 98% or higher. I am also a very chaep guy and will not pay retail if I don't have to.
Ditto. Bought both sets of F&S floorboards off Ebay along with a lot of other stuff. I always check Ebay first cause you can get some amazing deals if you're on at the right time. Parts are expensive here in Canada so I've saved a ton on Ebay. Just have to be very careful who you buy from. Read the feedback first!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts