Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Basically, I have a streetfighter ex250, and need the specifics on a few issues.

Front turn signals; uh... I don't have any, lol. I'm guessing thats not gonna fly when I go to take my riding test to get my endorsement... Anybody got a CHEAP solution for front signals? Keep in mind that i don't have a front fairing for flushmounts or something along those lines...

Rear signals; I don't have the amber side turn-signals anymore, I just have the red signal lights next to the brake light. That gonna be a problem?

I have the main stay on the bike; with stock mirrors and working gauges, so is there anything else I need to address before I go to take my test in the spring?

Just want to thank everybody in advance for helping a n00b out, I've been very impressed with everyone on the forum being ready and willing to help :)

·
Registered
19,728 Posts
If you can, put some pics up of the front and back. I will help if I can see things!

Does your state require an inspection to get plates? If so, call them, or find a station that would be willing to look at it, and ask them what it would take to pass.

·
frequently disturbs class
2,220 Posts
You'll need working signals, brakelight, reflectors and whatever else your state requires to tag the bike before you can be tested on it.
The signals ain't the dealio. There's gobs of aftermarket minikits & whatnot out there for them. Do you still have wiring for the signals or did it get cut away? You're prolly gonna have to find or make some bracketry to hang the signals from the headlight frame, fork tube, frame cradle etc. You might be able to use some standard brackets from a hardware store, or MC salvage yard, or if you're feeling clever you could make your own out of flat bar.

Like Tina says, photos will make it easier to help..

·
Loud Pipes Keep Me Awake
1,648 Posts
Where are you? That will help get the answers flowing. If you're in New Guinea, the answers from California won't help.;)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sorry, I though I had put my location up in my info (D'OH!) Anyways, I'm in Michigan and as far as I know there is no inspection needed by the state in order to register the bike. ASFAIK; taking my riding test will be the same as taking the road test to get a drivers license; they won't allow you to take the test unless yours bike is considered 'steet legal'. I'm not worried about getting pulled over just because my bike doesn't have a license plate light, etc because that is not really an issue around here.

There are two free connectors near both the front and rear of the bike, so I would assume this is the wiring for the amber side blinkers. If not, I can just tap into the wiring for the existing rear signals...

Pics of the bike can be found in my showcase thread. The only changes since those pics are that I removed the rear under-fender (I made a license plate bracket already) and I have the mainstay/gauges/mirrors mounted.

Thanks everybody

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Won these on eBay

Hopefully mount/wire these up this weekend. Gonna try and mount them to the upper holes of the main-stay (my headlight only used the bottom two holes)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts