Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys i know this is a kwai site and i drive a kawi but i need some help with my dirtbike. its an 82 yamaha it 465 and i just got it from my big bro. it hasen't run right for years and i'm gonna fix that. i think it has to much compression cuz it hell to get started and for some reason wen i turn on the gas it starts pourin out the carb like a river. wen i finally do get it started it runs but not nearly like it should. it wont hit the power band at all and if you know anything about this bike you know that it has lots of power. i took the carb apart and it seems fine. gonna see if i fixed it today. if you have any info for me let me know. i need help?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i cleaned out the carb and fixed the leak. got a new spark plug and it fired up pretty quick. it knocks really bad though. it wont hit the power band. could it just be the piston rings or is there more to it?

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
knocking is usually a bearing gone bad somewhere in the engine. time for a teardown and rebuild.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats wat my dad said. i guess i got a project for the weekend. i'll let you know how it turns out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts