Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I made it 4 years riding without incident. Unfortunately, that all changed today. Low speed turn onto a road being resurfaced and the back end slid out from under me. Laid the bike down pipe side down and slid about 5-10 feet. Luckily my leg under the bike seemed to keep most of it from dragging across the ground (with very minimal damage to my leg as well). The wonderful design of the bike allowed just about every protruding surface to fold up and I only ended up with a few scratches, and a cracked mounting bracket for my footpeg. Amazingly enough, the exhaust didn't even touch! A bit of road rash on my arm but all in all I guess everything turned out well.

·
Registered
68 Posts
That really sucks. Good to hear that you and your bike are ok. I hope when I start riding my zx6r that my record is as good as yours (without your one accedent)

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Road surface

Was it because the surface was uneven, oiled, slick, sandy, or was it actually your tires? I ask because sometimes asphault (bottom of the barrel actually of crude oil, is sometimes not slick at all, it is sticky...makes a mess out of the bike too. 4 years is a long time...maybe you can double it...

·
Registered
191 Posts
atleast you got off easy:) im glad you are okay. My first and only wreck I ended up with a guardrail in my chest:(, but i was at work that monday. I just thank god It was cold and i had so many layers on. Road rash? were you not wearing a leather jacket?

·
Registered
134 Posts
RadioSilence said:
A bit of road rash on my arm but all in all I guess everything turned out well.
Glad you're OK and the bike's OK too. 8)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Road surface

ZX-2R said:
Was it because the surface was uneven, oiled, slick, sandy, or was it actually your tires?
I think it was a combination of the tires, the heat, and the slick surface. I still have the stock tires on there, and i think the sun was keeping the tar/oil whatever slick, so when I went into the turn the back end just slipped out. No jacket, but I was wearing jeans, so my leg made it out pretty clean. :) Some nasty road rash on my right arm, but nothing deep... All in all I was pretty lucky. It was just a shame to scuff up my pretty bike. :) Oh well... just justification to spend more money on it. :D And my girlfriend went out and replaced my jeans too!

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
OIL

Just when it shouldn't happen...at least you have new jeans...and someone that seems to care an awful lot!!! I'm always curious about the road surfaces and tires...the coheasion or however you spell it and although new sticky tires are great sometimes they can't overcome the situation on the ground...I think tha wort case for me was a diesel spill...I literallw was standing up with hte bike between my legs both feet on the ground and sliding when I got into it...I just didn't get stoppped completely before I entered it...cars were sliding sideways so I knew somehting was ahead. At least you made it through and will heal...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sorry To Hear that but the GOOD news is that your OK!! and your Bike doesnt have Heavy Damage........... I'm really Careful meself and im sure you are also. Its a real DRAG But HAY 4 years and a slight Mishap
thats purty good. I must SAY

I was going into a turn today myself but not very FAST and i sensed a very Faint wobble on the Front wheel

I dont know if it was the Patched TAR on the road that fills the CRACKS
i heard about those TAR patches ... thay can be quite nasty.

I'm a Intermediate Driver some I'm taking real KOOL... I have a slight
problem @ times @ intersection Stalling LoL... Its embrassing ...
it just i dont want to pop the clutch and giver to much GAS...But once im rolling in Fine.

I'm a little Edgy going threw Intersection ..Dont trust those CARS that are
turning left... I slow down a wee bit before proceeding

This is my first bike Experience on the ROAD in Traffic...
But i love it...I'm Driving the New ZX-6R like very careful.

anyways Best of luck

Bonz

1 - 10 of 10 Posts