Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all this seems like a great community, so thanks in advance for taking a look, and helping me out.

i have a KX80 engine .. well i believe to be a KX80 engine. But it is in need of some parts. i have done some digging around and i believe i have found enough websites to order the parts. HOWEVER, from looking at the pictures i am unsure of exactly what year this engine is from! and finding the correct part that will fit 100% seems to be a difficault challenge. So my quest brings me here, to the wise over sear's that you are. :)

i am attaching the pictures of the engine. and please if you can shed any light on this matter please post.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Mystery indeed. At first glance it appears to be the first year KX80 (1979), but it should be KX080AE***** or KX080BE*****

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya the thing is. that i assume the cog on the bottom right hand side is the water pump cog. so it could not be that old as it would be air cooled. oh, and if you cant guess what the missing parts are. i am attepting to find the part that covers the engine. proving a right challenge.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
My guess is a 1989 KX80 L2, but it could be an 83 KX80 E1. Either way, all the parts should interchange as revised components were issued for the older versions that are the same as the newer engines.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Either way, the engine number is way off. Nothing in the books like that number. Could someone have restamped the number ? That looks like an early 70's number. No KX80's back then.

·
Registered
175 Posts
All I can suggest is that it's pre- 98. It still has the yellow shifter return spring. They were blue 98+.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts