Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Never Been Fast Enough
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks remember me. I got off on a trip at ZXForum.Com for a while and kinda forgot where I started. Here!

It's been a year since I got my 08 ZX-6R and I thought I was going to leave it stock. Right.

Starting at the top K&N, Kawi Racing Velocity Stacks, X-TRE, Pinebox header with a Yoshi slip-on, -1 +1 sprockets, PCIII with custom Map. That's on performance.

So many driver support and bike protection to list. It's a screamer but it acts like a liter bike now with usable power from 4K all the way up to 15,400 without fall off. In first gear alone it has almost 20 more HP in the mid range than stock mostly due to the vel. stacks and TRE alone.

·
Loud Pipes Keep Me Awake
1,648 Posts
At least give us time to get home from work. Nice Ninja.

·
We need a Sarcasm Font!
3,864 Posts
Very pretty. Welcome back.

·
Registered
1 Posts
zx-6r

nice ninja what speed does it pull in 1st
Hey folks remember me. I got off on a trip at ZXForum.Com for a while and kinda forgot where I started. Here!

It's been a year since I got my 08 ZX-6R and I thought I was going to leave it stock. Right.

Starting at the top K&N, Kawi Racing Velocity Stacks, X-TRE, Pinebox header with a Yoshi slip-on, -1 +1 sprockets, PCIII with custom Map. That's on performance.

So many driver support and bike protection to list. It's a screamer but it acts like a liter bike now with usable power from 4K all the way up to 15,400 without fall off. In first gear alone it has almost 20 more HP in the mid range than stock mostly due to the vel. stacks and TRE alone.

·
Propensity for velocity
2,222 Posts
I've only installed a K&N on my bike and it makes a bit of a difference. Velocity stacks.....might have to look in to that. I was thinking about a full TI system mostly for weight loss, but picking up some extra power wouldnt suck. With my improving track skills a few extra ponies might make it easier for me to catch the fast riders.

Beautiful bike.

·
Spinach Eating Moderator
22,962 Posts
Nice, welcome back. :D

Great pics, very nice bike.

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,542 Posts
nice bike...and i know i cant leave well enough alone either

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,542 Posts
i want a ZX-6R to replace the CBR600RR...want a 2010 though

·
Never Been Fast Enough
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I pulled the stacks off. I did not like the way it pulled in 6th gear. The stacks they sell takes from the top and give more to the mid range. All they do is change the power curve in faver of the mid range. SO it's back to pulling out hard in 6th all the way up to red line just like it should. I just did this velocity stack mess in the last week and I would advise unless you are tracking and need midrange and not top end leave them alone.

$40 wasted. I've done worse before. The TRE and the full exhaust plays most of the role in the midrange boost anyway. The TRE is the best money I've ever spent on any mod to any bike I've ever had.

·
Never Been Fast Enough
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks man. I'm thru messing with it. The stack venture took my goat and I'm not touching perfection. No more tinkering. You can't go into the engine w/o loosing the warranty.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts