Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

It's here the 2005 zx-6r 636

4K views 27 replies 17 participants last post by  customrt99 
#1 ·
:grin: :grin: :grin: I love it got 250 miles on it a bad a** bike.
Now have to wait for the full race pipes. You guys got ???'s ask?

#14 ·
I sat on the blue 2005 6R I referred to above yesterday and it felt smaller than mine (maybe the exhaust under the seat adds to this perception).

The handle bars felt lower and not as wide from each bar end.

I would have liked to have had a test ride.

#17 ·
bodmin636 said:
Hi can you tell me wot the finish quality is like? Have to make me mind up next week to tell the dealer wot colour I want but not sure of the durability of the titanium colour.

The finish is great no finger prints. looks alot better in person.
My bud down the street got the lime green one it's nice but loud and
finger prints all over it you have to wipe it down all the time.

#20 ·
Nice bike man! Congrats on the purchase. I saw these bikes for the first time this Friday. I sat on a blue one and liked it alot. They had titanium, blue and red in stock. I'm thinking about getting one myself now. Nice bike, sweet new look and good deal going on with rates. Just torn between the titanium and blue.

How much should i be expecting otd ?

#21 ·
Awesome bike guys!!!!!

I would like to know if the '05 comes with a seat cowl? In other words can you remove the passenger seat and replace it with a plastic seat cowl? If so, does it come with the bike? If not, does anyone know how much it costs? Another thing we noticed as we drooled over this bike at the dealer, is that we believe the passengers legs would rub on the rear cowl, is this a concern?

Thanks!

#23 ·
ZX6RRNewbie said:
Awesome bike guys!!!!!

I would like to know if the '05 comes with a seat cowl? In other words can you remove the passenger seat and replace it with a plastic seat cowl? If so, does it come with the bike? If not, does anyone know how much it costs? Another thing we noticed as we drooled over this bike at the dealer, is that we believe the passengers legs would rub on the rear cowl, is this a concern?

Thanks!
From my researches so far i believe it just comes with the seat. You can get a cowl, but it's not standard with the bike. I did happen to see another thread on this forum where one guy stated that the seat cowl costs $110.

#25 ·
MJ said:
I sat on the blue 2005 6R I referred to above yesterday and it felt smaller than mine (maybe the exhaust under the seat adds to this perception).

The handle bars felt lower and not as wide from each bar end.

I would have liked to have had a test ride.
is that the electric blue your talking about, I looked at one in that color and it is sweet. I'd like to see it out in the sunlight too! I do like that hidden pipe good way to save on some drag.

#26 ·
spok said:
I do like that hidden pipe good way to save on some drag.
that has got to be my fovorite thing about sportbikes, when they have the pipe come out under the seat. makes the bike look nice and clean, and mean at the same time. don't think that would work on a cruiser !!! :grin:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.