Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got home from the shop with my new 2005 1500 Classic. It is 0 degrees here in PA. I rode the bike from the trailer into the garage, about 15 yards, and it is frigid out there. It is good to have it home. Now all I need is some cooperation from the weatherman. Oh well, guess I should go check out some accessories online................

·
Registered
459 Posts
Congratulations. They're beautiful bikes. Hope you will have many miles of great riding. Remember to winterize her!
Safe riding

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
Time for a celebration, break out the cigars, there's a new baby in town and we need to have a party...but seriously...GREAT NEWS!

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
oldodge....Congratulations on your new bike! :)

Sorry to hear about the lousy temps. That is what we were having until this week and now we are in the 40's with dry roads so I have been enjoying riding for the past 3 days. It's suppose to cloud up tomorrow and rain in the evening so I'm going to try and ride again tomorrow. Have to take advantage of it while it's possible.

Good luck with your new bike. How about some pictures?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Congratulations on your new bike. Looks like you made it home just in time. Its 8 degrees here in Lancaster, PA with a bunch of snow on the way.

·
Sprinting G-Man
4,169 Posts
Congrats!!! :grin:
You're gonna love it! I loved my Classic and the only thing I would have had different was fuel injection. As I understand it the '05 comes with that. :cool:
Here's hopping for warm, dry, salt-free roads in your near future.

Scott

·
Registered
506 Posts
Alright Oldodge,get your chrome list out and start ordering,then post pics. of the all new 1500.. Congrats to ya!!!!!!

·
Registered
875 Posts
Congratulations. Think about all the accessories you can order and put on that baby. Hope the weather cooperates and you get to ride.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Congrats on your new bike,have fun with all the accessories post some pics soon.

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
congrats oldodge , post some pics when you can . which color did you get ,black or silver?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Congradulations

Hey OlDodge
Best of luck to you. Now its time to smoke that credit card. Hey, check out www.scootworlks.com They have some real nice stuff . I bought their handle bar risers for my 800, they let you sit back just enough. Real nice product and very nice people to talk to.

·
Registered
229 Posts
And a "whole bucket load of attaboys" from me to !!! I live in Carlisle, so I can certainly sympathize with the temp and projected snow fall deals ! The great part is that it's now yours, and home where it belongs, right? Many happy trails and miles of smiles !

·
Motorcycle Momma
839 Posts
Congrats on your new bike......if its not snowing and the roads are clear bundle up and goooo for it....

Ride Safe and Ride Sane!!!!

Heather

·
Registered
199 Posts
Congrats!!!! Putting on some chrome or performance parts makes the winter a little better.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Come on spring

Congrats on the new bike, I'm in the same boat. Brought mine home about 2 weeks ago. It now has 12 miles on it, 12 cold miles I might add. Last night we got about 10 inches of snow so I'll only be dreaming of riding for a while. Hope the heated gloves I ordered get here soon.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks everyone! I got the Silver color, looks awesome. My daughter just saw it (she is 14) and she loves it. Wants to ride NOW! Problem is, it is snowing and blowing with single digit temps. All the accessories I have looked at are only listed up to 2004 models. Anyone know if '04 and '05 models are alike other than the FI? Still smiling...............

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
I'd not want to bet that the 04 carb'd parts will fit on the 05 FI...from a previous post to me in another topic, I was told that the FI lightbar wont fit on the carb'd bikes....I can't be sure for sure tho

·
Registered
439 Posts
Congrats!!! ..... I have her sister! Just fyi, most accessories HAVE to be for the FI (i.e. windshield and light bar in catalog are same as for the '02 FI, I called Kawasaki and checked). My baby, "Gracie", is also silver. My friends kept telling me to get the black one. Glad to hear I am not the only one that preferred the silver. Hope you love your bike as much as I do mine. Only thing I would have changed is to have dual front discs, but Gracie stops just fine, so why am I whinning? :grin:

·
Registered
439 Posts
Sorry to keep double-posting, but I forgot to mention. If you are shorter like me (5'9), u might wanna check out the Phat Riser II's. I got mine at http://www.scootworks.com/ . They made all the difference in the world. I am more comfy, my arms aren't always fully extended now, and I feel like I have MUCH better control of Gracie. I can't imagine not having them, now. They were so simple to install, even I did it myself, and I know nothin about working on bikes ! :smile: Happy riding, my friend.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts