Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...my other bike is :biggrin:

I picked up my 'new' 2004 Honda CBR600 RR on Friday.

I'm in love!
It handles sooooooo much better than the Vulcan! Every miniscule response is perfect, it goes exactly where you want it, when you want it to; and it corners like it's on rails!
But i'm not sure i could do an Iron Butt on it quite so easilly though! :lol:

·
Spinach Eating Moderator
22,962 Posts
Congrats Steve.

You're going to love having the best of both worlds with your two bikes. :D

·
the "fun" guy
32,858 Posts
Nice bike, Steve!

It's really hard to compare a sport bike to a cruiser but it sure is noteworthy to describe the differences between the two once you've had a chance to enjoy both of them! I "LOVE" my Suzuki Bandit as it's like you're Honda...very smooth and rides like it's on rails! Light the wick and away she goes! :)

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks all!

Nice bike Steve. Can't go wrong with a Honda 6. Has it been modded at all?
No performance mods.
It's got some carbon fibre bits, a few 'bling' items like a darker screen, bar ends, crash bungs, colourcoded rear-hugger and an alarm/immobiliser added, but otherwise it's standard.

It sounds amazing though so i doubt i'll bother with an aftermarket end can for the time being, and i definitely won't need a powercommander or anything until i've fully mastered it :lol:

my god... could that license plate be any bigger?
wow, that's a new one... :tongue:

i believe that possibly in Norway they have bigger license plates.
9" x 7" is the legal requirement.
We have a tonne of speed cameras etc over here, so they evidently need the plates to be big enough to get a decent photo. Plus you need to be able to clearly read a license plate at 20ft so it helps with the assessing of visual standards of drivers too.

Most people (illegaly) get smaller plates made up which are meant for "show use only", and run with those on their bikes instead.
you can get a $120 fine if they catch you with an illegaly sized plate, so most people on unattractive bikes tend not to bother.

I've got a slightly smaller one on my cruiser and will drop to the same size as that one for the RR.

How did ya like the Kinder buenos?

·
'07 ZZR600
2,363 Posts
you might as well have a parachute behind you as big as that plate is.... I've got no problem reading us spec MC plates which are like 5"x3" from a far greater distance than 20'.

i like the hazelnut hippos better than the buenos.... I actually have both in the kitchen right now :)

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
haha, the hippos are good too.

*shrugs*

it's the law.

I can cope with a big yellow numberplate. I haven't gotta look at it when i'm riding, anway!

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Nice. :cool: Good colour too; rarer than the red and black version. The 600RR is a great little sports bike. When well ridden, it keeps up with everything else through the twisties.

And running on BT021s too. Those are great tyres for all weather, year round riding. I have them on my Zed. We'll have to meet up at Box Hill with all the other Power Rangers and go for a blatt through the twisties. :D

In fact, I'm leading a rideout to Box Hill next Sunday and I haven't decided which bike to use.

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice. :cool: Good colour too; rarer than the red and black version. The 600RR is a great little sports bike. When well ridden, it keeps up with everything else through the twisties.

And running on BT021s too. Those are great tyres for all weather, year round riding. I have them on my Zed. We'll have to meet up at Box Hill with all the other Power Rangers and go for a blatt through the twisties. :D

In fact, I'm leading a rideout to Box Hill next Sunday and I haven't decided which bike to use.
Thanks :D yeah i love the colour. I only really wanted the blue one. Not a fan of the red/black combo. And didn't really want another black bike.

I can't do this coming Sunday... going fishing in Dover :biggrin:
i hope it'll be dry for both of us though! :lol:

Sorry i couldn't make the last ride... too much to drink :(

Mmmm....very nice!! Like the color also!!
thanks Cin, hun! ;)

nice steve!!! happy riding! ;)
grazi

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
not sure i can quite afford a PC and Yoshi at the moment.

i'll be waiting a while before i have the spare cash to do that. It'll take enough getting used to on it's own before i start whacking performance upgrades onto it! :shock: it's by far the most powerful machine i've owned (Although not the most powerful bike i've ridden...)
But i intend on mastering this one, so am gonna be taking my time getting used to it and learning all it's little quirks.

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
hey steve, once you take away those horrible (and fake) carbon arrows and put them in black! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ;) ;)
*shrugs* they came like that.
There's quite a lot of carbon (real and fake) on the bike, so they fit in.
I like em.

Congrats! Nice looking bike. Everyone I know who has one is very happy with it.
thankies. i'm very happy with it :D

Hope you're feeling better...

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.