Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After being in a deep freeze for the last couple weeks, and even some snow, it's finally back to the mid-50s for the next several days - woohoo! Can't wait to get off work and go for a ride this afternoon! :biggrin:

·
Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts
yeah, us too here in Charlotte. Only problem for the weekend is the possibility of rain, however, highs/lows over the next week are projected to be in the 50s/30s, so we're getting back to "normal"! :)

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, we got rain coming this weekend too, but clearing up again Monday and still warm!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Yeah, I thought I was missing cool weather until some actually got here. 62 today here in E. TX. and 68 by Tuesday. It is nice to be riding again. And for all you cold weather guys who claim to ride in the cold, yeah, you can ride below 50, but it ain't no fun. In this particular case I say the fun starts at 60.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Going home later to finish scooping the end of the drive to get rid of the slush and ice. Going for a ride tomorrow! Mid to upper 30's through the weekend and maybe 40's next week, come on Spring!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Beutiful day here in good ole south carolina...a balmy 46 and sunny...But guess I got to miss it cause I gotsa work....Happy riding fellow bikers.
T.O.

·
but still a NooBie
1,104 Posts
ditto, the floods came and are continuinig thru saturday...then 60s sun and mon:cool:
Rains expected late today and Saturday, plus a gig Saturday, so Sunday or Monday will have to do. (Probably the same rains. EDIT: No. Same front, but not the same rains. We do get a lot of weather from Houston, but not this time.)

·
just cruzin by!
1,398 Posts
Kc is thawing out with 40 + for the next 10 days plus rain moving in next tuesday and wednesday. This will take care of the snow and clean the roads.Im keeping my fingers crossed and maybe will be on the road next weekend!!!:biggrin:

·
I'm your Huckleberry
3,317 Posts
Yeah, I thought I was missing cool weather until some actually got here. 62 today here in E. TX. and 68 by Tuesday. It is nice to be riding again. And for all you cold weather guys who claim to ride in the cold, yeah, you can ride below 50, but it ain't no fun. In this particular case I say the fun starts at 60.
Speak for yourself. :tongue: Any time on the bike is good time in my book...its damp out today, temps in the mid-30's...and I just got done with a great 2 hour ride (after a few weeks off the bike...back on topic it just now thawed enough to ride). :biggrin: If we can keep the ice and snow away, I'll ride down into the single digit temperatures.

·
just cruzin by!
1,398 Posts
Speak for yourself. :tongue: Any time on the bike is good time in my book...its damp out today, temps in the mid-30's...and I just got done with a great 2 hour ride (after a few weeks off the bike...back on topic it just now thawed enough to ride). :biggrin: If we can keep the ice and snow away, I'll ride down into the single digit temperatures.
+100000000000 bubba! When you live in Missouri you have to grab the bull by the horns and hang on!!!! 65 degress is my favorite temp but I will take what I get and be prepared!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Got up to 36 degrees today and most of the slush & crap has melted off the main roads. I live on a corner lot and have driveways that go out to two different streets. One road was fairly clear so I was able to get the Goldwing out.

It was a short ride and I had to dodge leftover slush and numerous puddles, but it sure felt good to be turning the wheels again. If I can get a couple more days of melting, I will be able to get the Vulcan out of the other garage and ride it as well.

Just think.......less than 70 days till spring...........

And that's the news from Michigan.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
50's that shirt sleeve riding weather here in Nebraska!

·
Patriot Guard Rider
967 Posts
Got in a good ride this afternoon....hit the upper 50's today and should be about as nice tomorrow. Have a "frost bite" ride tomorrow and it should be back into the mid-50's by early afternoon. Rain should hold off till around dark. This has been the longest streak without riding that I've had since I bought the bike almost 3 years ago. Propane dealer just left another bill for $300 so I'm ready to see the Spring.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
WOW $300 for propane. I remeber them days when I lived in SW Oklahoma. Glad I'm in central Fl now. Still been dang cold here too. Took mine out today. In the 60's and had to go for a short ride if only up the the home depot for an excuse to go. lol

·
Registered
152 Posts
45 today in RI, so the last of the ice on my little side street FINALLY is gone, and 45 again tomorrow, so firing her up and heading on out - its been a loooong month.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts