Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Either that, or a rattly squeak.

It's difficult to describe, but my bike has developed a rattle, only it squeaks instead, even when its not moving (ie waiting at traffic lights).

I am at a bit of a loss as to where to start looking, so has anyone on here got any ideas? I am guessing that some water has got in somewhere, but other than that I am just clutching at straws.

It's a 4 year old GPZ500, if that's of any help.

Please help!

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Squeek/rattle/ roll

Sounds like...can't hear it now. Try turning off the bike and rolling it...lube all the rubber components(except for the tires)...esp. the fuel tank, grease the kickstand, check motormounts, don't forget the stops for the stands, both of them, the seat may be squeeking and so may the headlight or fairing...isolate front rear hi low...tighten all screws, bolts, and even your shocks...then give us another shout...also clean and silicone the rubger seal on the fuel tank fill seal...

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
I've had an issue like this for quite some time, I can only hear it at stop lights, but I've got an '01 ninja 500R. I think its something stupid thats making the noise, I just can't find it. I even started replacing rubber components to see if it helped, but I've started getting used to it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts