Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in buying a jacket so I look more in place on the Vulcan 900... still have the jacket I bought when I had the 650R.

Tell me (and others) about your jacket(s)...

Brand and model

(insert picture of jacket (or a link to another of the same) here)

What you like, and don't like... is it good for low temps, good when its hot, good for both? Does it have a liner? Zipper pockets? Ramble on.

·
I'm your Huckleberry
3,317 Posts
I've got a Fox Creek Bomber Jacket:

Lots of venting, very heavy jacket, thick (yet very soft) leather, has a removable liner, has a perforated inner panel that you can zip up for even more venting:

Has provisions for armor in the elbow, shoulder, and back. The jacket is expensive ($450) and the armor is also (all pieces add up to $250).

Complaints? I should have bought a 44 instead of a 46...the armor doesn't quite sit right because the arms are so big on me. Other than that I have no complaints about it...very well made jacket. Temps? I've worn it in just about anything. 20F? Done it (with heated gear of course). 95F? Done it (gotta keep moving though). All pockets have zippers...the chest vents also serve as pockets...zippers feel like they'd last a bomb blast.

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
Tourmaster Flex2. Wicked jacket IMO. Very warm with the liner in, keeps me dry in the rain, and with the outer and inner layers removed you are left with a mesh jacket for hot weather use.

Tour Master :: Textile Jackets :: Flex Series 2 Jacket

I'd buy another in a hearbeat if I needed a new jacket.

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
What, you mean no wife beater, swim trunks and flip flops?

I wear Joe Rocket Leather suit and Olympic touring gear.
Both have their place and both are excellent product.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What, you mean no wife beater, swim trunks and flip flops?

I wear Joe Rocket Leather suit and Olympic touring gear.
Both have their place and both are excellent product.
lol... gosh I'd hate to see a guy after going down with flip flops and swim trunks. What'd be left of him?

Found this on another site:
Got this from another site:
R6 Bites it bad on 495/Braddock yesterday
I'm chillin in my cage coming back from Tysons heading to Braddock Rd exit. I'm putting along @ 55mph and this R6 w/D&D flies past everyone from 66 merging onto 495 by Rt 50. I'm thinking...DAMMIT WISH I WAS ON MY 1100 SO I COULD RUN HIM..

Anyways, long story short, he gets outta sight till I get to Braddock Rd exit. I see a helmet visor on the highway and I get that 'oh ####' feeling. Sure enough, the cops are already there (4 minutes tops since he's wrecked). He is all bloody in the shoulder of the hwy, R6 is on it's side but not that bad relatively speaking. Turns out someone didn't see him and cut him off so he swerved and hit a guard rail...

Outcome: F-cked up right foot, right leg, right arm (Joe Rocket Phoenix doesn't do much in these kinda wrecks) all showing bone but I think these were all flesh wounds believe it or not...at least I hope so.

I helped Ben (rider) get his sandals (yes that was dumb) off the highway and helmet which held up pretty well...HJC or KBC...

Get well soon bro and be careful. THat was such a reality check cuz honestly I do that same type of #### and to see it first hand minutes later....sucks...

Be careful out there and try not to wear flip flops ladies and gents. I won't be judging here cuz no one's perfect but I'm glad he was alive and able to wiggle his fingers and toes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Alpinestars Stella Mesh Rebel Jacket.

Alpinestars' Stella Rebel Air-Flo motorcycle jacket is specifically cut for women.
600 Denier Fabric and non-water absorbing mesh construction.
CE Approved Padding in front and back (I was shocked that a jacket had padding for the girls!)
CE Approved armor in elbows
Full sleeve, removable, water and wind resistant liner.
Sport fit with pre-curved sleeves for riding comfort.

I have to wear a large in shirts and other jackets, because the girls are a lil top heavy. (Between a C and D cup)
My husband bought this jacket for me and I literally wore it one time. Just too snug fitting if you are fairly chesty.
It was difficult to reach the controls with how snug it fit.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Men's SHIFT Octane - Matte Black Leather Jacket

Shell/Liner:
1.2-1.4mm premium grain leather
Articulated design for superior comfort
KorMax stretch aramid panels for flexibility and abrasion resistance
Leather accordion panels in key flex areas for unrestricted movement
Full-length and short connection zippers for attachment to compatible Shift pants
Removable/washable quilted full-sleeve liner

Safety:
Removable CE approved shoulder and elbow armor
Integrated memory foam back padding for added protection
Reflective piping for added visibility
Integrated pocket for a back protector

Ventilation:
Six shoulder intake vents
Perforated leather panels with additional air intake vents
Pockets:
2 front zippered hand warmer pockets
Inside zippered wallet pocket

This jacket fits my husband well, and looks incredibly sexy. It is extremely heavy duty. The leather is top quality. The vents help a little bit, but if it is hot out you will absolutely boil in traffic. It is definitely not a jacket you could wear comfortably throughout the summer months if you live in an area that gets as hot and humid as it does here. It is very nice at night though, even in the summer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts