Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Bug Killer Extraordinaire
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for those of you who have had a chance to play asphalt superman,
and scraped up your leathers. a cobbler\ shoe repair place might be
your best friend. the cost was relatively minimal ($40)

before:

after:

·
Enjoy the journey!
1,306 Posts
good choice, and they have the equipment to put the die on evenly and buff the whole garment so it looks even.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Yep, they did what I did and went to Walmart, bought a bottle of shoe dye, sponged it on, let it try, and then used some shoe polish, and used a shoe brush to buff it out. Cost $6.50. Shucks dude, you didn't even scrap through all the layers of leather dye that was originally on the jacket.

Of course, it helps to have been in the military and had all that practice spit shining boots.

·
Bug Killer Extraordinaire
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorry, only slid 15 - 20 feet, being wet helped.
that and it is a damned fine jacket

·
Registered
192 Posts
Yep, they did what I did and went to Walmart, bought a bottle of shoe dye, sponged it on, let it try, and then used some shoe polish, and used a shoe brush to buff it out. Cost $6.50. Shucks dude, you didn't even scrap through all the layers of leather dye that was originally on the jacket.

Of course, it helps to have been in the military and had all that practice spit shining boots.
haha, I was going to say, not everyone has the experience and knowledge anymore of doing that. It wouldn't cost me anything, would just need to find where I put the stuff for shoe shinning :p It's been a while

·
itching to ride
2,233 Posts
I didn't even pay $40 for my jacket. $29 total on ebay and in like new condition. Yes I am a penny pincher.

·
Registered
661 Posts
A good cobbler is a bikers friend, I had a £100 pair of Hein Gericke boots which were only a few months old when I tore the zip on one of them. The customer service from HG was terrible who said I would just have to but a new pair of boots. My local friendly cobbler completely rebuilt it and fitted a better quality zip, £10. Service does not get any better.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
What was the name of the guy Rob? It's always good to know somebody that can replace zips.

·
Registered
661 Posts
What was the name of the guy Rob? It's always good to know somebody that can replace zips.
Its the little cobbler in George St, just off St.James St. He is such a nice guy but very busy lots of the other cobblers send their difficult jobs to him. I am also told that there is a leather workshop in a basement just off Trafalgar St (has you would expect in Brighton) that does a great job on repairing jackets etc. R
As a footnote re the cobbler, when the stitching on my Shark helmets strap came apart after a year I asked if he could repair it. He looked at it and said it had been so badly stitched that I should get a replacement or refund. Armed with his report I went back to the Shark dealer and did replace it, even tough it was out or warranty.

·
USE BATH SALTS
298 Posts
what kinda jacket is that twopoint?? looks brilliant.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts