Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know of any websites that you can get a good deal on leather jackets? Also, does anyone suggest any manufacturers/brands that they like? Thanks!!

·
Road Snot Needs A Kleenex
364 Posts
I don't know much about leather jackets, but I do have a Kawasaki Nylon Ninja Jacket that is very comfortable. I got it on clearance last year for $99. I also have a Joe Rocket Ballistic jacket. The Ninja jacket is very thick, and great for cool days. The Joe Rocket jacket is better for hot days, it has better venting. But both are very nice jackets.

My suggestion is to goto a motorcycle ralley or a shop and try on different jackets to find one that is comfortable to you.

·
Registered
88 Posts

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
LEATHER JACKET

I have ALWAYS worn a Vanson Racing Jacket...They are NOT cheap when you look at the price tag...But imagine teh pricetag on just one visit to the hospital...I don't mean the same type of sticker bottom line shock just the pain involved should yor levi or less than leather jacket (or a cheap imatation made on) come apart at the seams at 70MPH leaving you to deal with the asphault, concrete, the shoulder ribs, and finally the gravel and grass or what ever is still in your path. thre are soem great jackets but>>>more important than the label>>> is the fit of the leather jacket and if it allows you the freedom to stretch out and lean...Put on your regular clothes for riding and then hit the shop. Park your bike right in front and then go inside and try on several with this in mind...when you get down to a couple (by this time you will have an asssociate hovering) take him/her outside nd set on your bike and run yourself through the paces...setting forward in teh saddle, all teh way back in the saddle, reaching twisting leaning and se if the neck pulls the shoulders pull or the coat want to creep up your back..you'll get the idea when you start with a cheap jacket and work your way into the more expensive ones which works the best for you...don't go for the label/logo, unless that label is one that you trust and know fits from previous experience...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Re: LEATHER JACKET

ljangell said:
I have ALWAYS worn a Vanson Racing Jacket..

I agree Vason Jackets are great but, they are way pricey.. Besides being pricey I only have one other complaint about Vanson jackets and that is that if you are not wearing it on a daily basis it could take months and months to break the jacket in... I know its because the leather is the best you can buy but, I do not want to be unconfortable during the break in period.. If I was going to spend that kind of money on a Leather Jacket I would purchase a Dainese... They are just as good as the Vanson a little cheaper and do not take forever to break in....

Again my 2 cents for what its worth....

Also www.kneedraggers.com has some real good prices on leathers.. Do not look at the MSRP click one page further and you will see the discounted price...

·
Registered
15 Posts
I use denniskirk for all my gear. I bought a DK vintage style jacket there with 1.3mm leather and have no complaints. I have purchased 3 of them so far. Good jacket for $140...

went down at 40mph with one on when a cage stopped in front of me while pulling a leftie. The other time I let my friend borrow my leather jacket when he lost his and just so happened he hit gravel on a curve and went down at about 60mph, the jacket held up better than he did (he's ok now.)

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
Best Jacket

It was even quoted as being the best jacket only a little pricey. If you want a great jacket,then buy a Great manufactured one like Vanson Racing Jacket that fits comfortably, and like th bike it too has a break in period. If you want cheap(er) then a levi Denim or even a Kawasaki 125 ELIMINATOR...BOTH are great products and are made for different reasons. The jacket is cheaper than one visit to the ER.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts