Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: What jackets do you where when riding? I need to shop for one! Do you like leather better or something else? Do you have a winter and summer jacket?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Archer, I have a leather jacket that has a removable liner. On colder days I can zip the liner in it and on warmer days it can be removed. It's my opinion that leather works better than anything when riding. I think most others will agree.

·
Registered
66 Posts
seems like good advice...i think i will follow it as well

·
Registered
327 Posts
I'm looking into buying either an AGV AeroSport or Olympia AirGlide mesh jacket this Spring. I'd love to hear any comments on these or any other jackets. The AeroSport comes with a removable waterproof liner, where the AirGlide is mad of water-resistant material. Not sure how they really hold up. Anybody have a review on these guys in the wet stuff?

Thanks,
--MK

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
BRlawman said:
Archer, I have a leather jacket that has a removable liner. On colder days I can zip the liner in it and on warmer days it can be removed. It's my opinion that leather works better than anything when riding. I think most others will agree.
That's the type I wear.

·
Registered
950 Posts
I just ordered a leather jacket with removable thinsulate liner from www.bikerleather.com. I'll let you know how the quality is when it gets here. (The prices are outrageously cheap).

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
Mr_Lycos said:
I just ordered a leather jacket with removable thinsulate liner from www.bikerleather.com. I'll let you know how the quality is when it gets here. (The prices are outrageously cheap).

This is where I ordered two leather jackets and two pairs of chaps for my wife and myself a year ago and we are happy. Rock bottom prices and quality much better than the $500.00 leather jacket we looked at....at the Harley Davidson store.

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
I wear a heavy leather jacket with removable liner that I got a Wilson Leather. The jacket itself weighs 9 lbs and is made from a heavy grade cow leather with plenty of pockets and zippered vents.

·
RIP Deron Harden :-(
32,545 Posts
i too wear a pretty heavy motorcycle leather jacket with a removable liner. i am actually considering getting one of those mesh jackets everyone is talking about on here, for those hot days. i don't know what my problem is, i am starting to think all safe and stuff....

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I wear a leather jacket unless its really hot. In this case, I use an air mesh jacket with armor. When the Sun is beating down on you during summer months, wearing my air mesh jacket keeps me cooler than just wearing a t-shirt. The air mesh jacket prevents direct contact from the heat but allows air to flow in and out.

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts
I have a great Bellstaff jacket (and pants). It's fabric and is waterproof and windproof. It has a liner, and when I have it in I'm toasty warm, no matter how cold it is. It has armour (shoulder, elbows, back) and lots of pockets. My husband liked my jacket so much more than his expensive BMW jacket that he bought one, too.

Unfortunately, Bellstaff is no longer selling in the US, as of a couple of weeks ago.

·
Registered
116 Posts
bikerleather.com

I too found the Biker Leather site. Was curious about the quality since the price was so low.

Whistle, good to know you like the products.

Mr. Lycos, I look forward to seeing your post when you get your jacket. I chose the "Pistol Pete" for myself.

BH

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have a Tourmaster 3/4 jacket, a leather jacket an a mesh jacket, and snowmobile pants for cold weather.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I have a Taylor horsehide leather jacket. It rocks but weighs a ton. Great for cold weather riding. A little heavy when it is hot.

·
RIP Deron Harden :-(
32,545 Posts
Paco said:
I have a Tourmaster 3/4 jacket, a leather jacket an a mesh jacket, and snowmobile pants for cold weather.
oh yeah, i forgot about my other set of gear. i still have my gear that i wore on the Magna, which consists of a Tourmaster jacket (don't remember the model) that has a full zip-out liner, is completely waterproof, has armor in the back, shoulders and elbows, and is very warm. i also have a pair of first gear overpants that are also completely waterproof, very warm, have a full removeable liner and armor at the hips and knees. to complement those i have a pair of Reima gloves that are good down to about 40 degrees without a windshield and are also waterproof. they are the most expensive pair of gloves i have ever purchased (i think they were $85), but they are also the best gloves i have ever owned.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Got two leather jackets, one with a zip out liner, had it for years, looks good, name brand is funky "WearMeOut" - is high quality and was pricey. It's not intended as a motorcycle jacket and does not have elastic at the waist but is still quite warm.

My second leather is a classic leather with the American flag on the back, bought at a flea market for $70. It's good leather, soft, and a true cycle jacket.

My latest addition is the Widder heated vest - I know this isn't a jacket but is worth mentioning this time of the year. Works like a charm and is VERY warm.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I wear a leather jacket for cold weather and a denim jacket in cool temps. On warm days I am a shirt sleeve kinda guy. Also wear leather chaps when it is cold, they are amazingly warm.

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
Boss Hawg said:
I too found the Biker Leather site. Was curious about the quality since the price was so low.

Whistle, good to know you like the products.

Mr. Lycos, I look forward to seeing your post when you get your jacket. I chose the "Pistol Pete" for myself.

BH

I was shocked by the quality at such a low price. Once I got the jackets I was amazed at how well they are put together. Very heavy jackets and should last along time with proper leather care.

Here is what I bought my wife and I:

DESCRIPTION:
Men's Racer Jacket: Soft and heavy cowhide leather, thinsulate zip-out lining, two front zipper vents, two zipper vents on back, 1.3 to 1.5mm thickness, laces on sides, with zippered sleeves, long back, elbow and shoulder pads.
Item # BMJ711
Sizes Available: 36 - 64
Price: $99.00

1 - 20 of 47 Posts