Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the January 2009 Member of the Month, we are deviating a little from our past form and honouring our fallen friend Deron "1400 Pilot" Harden.

Deron was the December 2006 Member of the Month and is now our first two time honoree. Here is his original page

Beartooth Kawasaki Member of the Month for December 2006

1600 Pilot - Team Green 25 Years

Name Deron
Location Holdrege, Nebraska
Bike 2004 1600 Vulcan aka MOJO
Biography riding the bike, hunting, fishing, camping

http://www.kawasakimotorcycle.org/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=462503

If you take out a dictionary and look up the words "Father" and "Friend" you will see a picture of Deron. And while I only had the oppurtunity to meet Deron once, that was all it took for me. He was a Man among Men, and will be sorely missed by many, including me.
Ride on my friend,
Carlo.
_/\_
PS. Thank you to Dave (Spok) for taking the time to put this special page together.

I too only had the honor (and I don't use that term lightly) to meet and ride with Deron once. On that occasion, he had dinner with my family and myself, and stayed the night at our house. It only took a few minutes for me to know how great of a person he was, and the respect and honor he deserved as a person. Everyone that I have talked with who has known Deron has said the same thing about him. He was truely one of the most wonderful people that I have ever met, and my heart sinks every time I think of how much he'll be missed. RIP my brother.

I too enjoyed the great privelege of meeting Deron & talked with him on the forums on many occasions. He was an irreplacable asset to these forums as well as a treasured friend who will be sorely missed for a long time to come.

I will forever regret not being able to meet Deron in person and embrace him as a brother.
If character is measured by the people who are glad they knew you, then Deron was certainly a giant among men.
Ride on my friend, ride on.

As one of the lucky people who was fortunate enough to meet him and spend time with him the one statement that comes to my mind is (Complete), he was a complete person. He loved many things, mankind, riding, traveling, work, and much more but what he loved most was Family and Friends and when it comes down to it what else is there. Deron will be missed and remembered.
Kawi

·
Love my 1500!
2,460 Posts
Only met Deron once, and briefly at that. Wish I could have been able to know him better.:frown:

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Wished I could have met him in person but glad I had the opportunity to post with him here.
RIP Deron.
Spok, that last picture, was that at Red Lodge? Great pic, I would love to have a picture there if I ever can make it.

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts
Wished I could have met him in person but glad I had the opportunity to post with him here.
RIP Deron.
Spok, that last picture, was that at Red Lodge? Great pic, I would love to have a picture there if I ever can make it.
That picture is in front of the Grand Tetons, on the way up to Red Lodge one year.

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Deron was just a guy who I met on this forum. Then I started to interact with him and he became a forum friend. Then the whole idea of Red Lodge got moving around for the first year and I got to know him (and a bit scared). Then I went to Red Lodge and he became my brother. Over the years, he was a great person to joke with, ding the chevy vs ford wars with and just converse with.

I was shocked the day I heard that he had passed, I'm still in shock. I still miss the man.

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts
I met Deron once before the first Red Lodge. He was out here riding and we got together. That was the start of a wonderful friendship. I got to ride to Red Lodge with him twice, and he came out here quite a few times to ride with us. He loved riding in the Colorado mountains. Once, Deron and I went off for a few days, just the two of us. We rode the Arkansas River canyon and ended up in Pueblo, where we stayed with my parents. My folks fell in love with him, too. Deron's smile and easy-going personality were infectious. He was so much fun to be with. You spent the entire time laughing and smiling.

I don't know anyone else like Deron and I doubt I ever will. I'm just glad that he was part of my life.

·
Old and nasty
517 Posts
I never had the pleasure of meeting or even posting with him, I am too new to this forum. From what I can see, he must have been a truly special person. TGhe world needs more like him not less. Rest in peace Darren, and God Bless.

·
Ridden like a Ford!
4,063 Posts
nice work Dave. unfortunately i never got to meet Deron and i wish i had the chance to. here's to Deron

·
Enjoy the journey!
1,306 Posts
Many of us on the forum did not have an oppertunity to meet this man, and that is truely our loss.

Thanks for putting this thread together.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Thanks for putting this together SPOK. Some people have a positive impact on others way beyond expectations. I hope Deron knew how well loved he was. Rest in peace Deron we'll all get to meet you later on.

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
This was a great idea!

For those of us who had the pleasure to meet and get to know Deron this is a nice way to remember him...a big hearted man with an equally big smile for everyone. He always made me feel happy.

RIP Deron!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts