Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well guys, and gals I finally pulled the trigger on some forward controls. Just wondering if anyone has experience installing them on a 08 meanstreak and if it is a simple task?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I’m disappointed that I have to write this. I have a set of jardine forward controls for my mean streak and I am having problems with the shifter side binding up. It appears the black mounting bracket is bent or misaligned. The chrome shifting linkage is binding on the black bracket. I called accessories international and the referred me to Jardine directly. I finally got to talk to someone after 6 calls and multiple wait times. When I got to talk to the lady she pretty much told me I was an idiot and didn’t know what I was talking about. My request was simple, ship me a shifter side and I will ship mine back so I don’t have any down time. Then she offered me to buy another complete set and then return the old ones. Which at first I found acceptable, hell I even offered that at one point but the more I think about no way! I spent 600 bucks on these and they should bolt on no problems and they don’t! She also informed me that the engineers have been designing forward controls for over 15 years and have not had any problems(lie) so it must not be what I think it is. She must have forgot the 3 sentences earlier she offered to ship me the bushings for the peg that they had to redesign. All in all I’m not happy with Jardine. I’m sure there are thousands of customer’s that have not had problems but this is one customer that did!!Good luck!

·
recovering workaholic
1,066 Posts
I got mine in a trade for a set of Mapams,and mounted them up, but I found that if I tightened the bolts that went through the bushings to the pegs the controls would bind-both sides..so, I wound up going to the hardware store and buying some steel bushing material and cutting them down with my dremel..all fixed..Next problem was that the footrest pedals were too high,too close to the control pedals and I had to bend my foot around and or shift my size 14 s in order to upshift or downshift. I had to make a pair of brackets -1"x 2" x 1/4" hardened steel with 3/8" holes 1 1/4" between centers.I mounted the footpegs to one side,the other side to the through bolt that used to mount the footpeg. This dropped the pegs enough for me to be comfortable..
Sometimes it`s unbelievable that some customer service people get away with talking to people like that..they don`t realize how much business they could lose by having someone like that representing their company..

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got mine in a trade for a set of Mapams,and mounted them up, but I found that if I tightened the bolts that went through the bushings to the pegs the controls would bind-both sides..so, I wound up going to the hardware store and buying some steel bushing material and cutting them down with my dremel..all fixed..Next problem was that the footrest pedals were too high,too close to the control pedals and I had to bend my foot around and or shift my size 14 s in order to upshift or downshift. I had to make a pair of brackets -1"x 2" x 1/4" hardened steel with 3/8" holes 1 1/4" between centers.I mounted the footpegs to one side,the other side to the through bolt that used to mount the footpeg. This dropped the pegs enough for me to be comfortable..
Sometimes it`s unbelievable that some customer service people get away with talking to people like that..they don`t realize how much business they could lose by having someone like that representing their company..
She tried telling me that mine where binding at the peg and offered the bushings. I know they werent though because when i un hooked the spline part that hooks to the shifter linkage the shifting peg moved freely. Besides you could see that these where the newer updated model that had those installed already.

·
recovering workaholic
1,066 Posts
I regret getting the Jardines,wish I had kept the Mapams...Sometimes change isn`t always for the better.. I`m fairly comfortable with the Jardines now, but I had to work more than I wanted to get that way. Everything can`t fit everybody. The Jardines move you 6 inches forward, but they also move your feet up,which I didn`t like. I made the brackets to drop my feet down and now I`m where I want to be...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts