Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It showed! I Put it on as soon as I got home, think it probably took about 15 minutes from opening the box to riding the bike. Sounds real nice, not buzzy at all but a nice solid roar. Seemed a bit quite at first but then seemed to louden up a bit as it heated up, someone told me a while back that new exhaust gets louder over time although he was talking about flowmasters not pipes for bikes, is this true?

I'll post up a sound clip in the next few days but here's a few pics in the meantime.

I found this interesting...no mention of it on the ebay auction,
should I be worried?

·
Lets RIDE!
934 Posts
I thought my pipe was getting quieter...or either I am beginning to grow deaf...who knows?

·
The Cruising Gunsmith
1,459 Posts
Did you read that sticker?

It says:

1) because carbon fiber does not stand up to exhaust gasses, Jardine will accept no warranty claim for the carbon fiber canister.

THEN:

2) To insure the canisters are "free from defects"..... be sure to return the warranty registration card?

WTF?

We won't honor the warranty, but be sure to return the warranty registration card.....

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep and I'm confused. Maybe their talking about the non-carbon fiber parts on the pipe.

Either way I'm not to concerned as there ar TONS of carbon fiber pipes out there that seem to be holding up just fine.

·
The Cruising Gunsmith
1,459 Posts
Yep and I'm confused. Maybe their talking about the non-carbon fiber parts on the pipe.

Either way I'm not to concerned as there ar TONS of carbon fiber pipes out there that seem to be holding up just fine.
You're supposed to be confused: that's how you know a lawyer wrote it.:biggrin:

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
11,821 Posts
Thanks Guys! I think it looks great to.
Sucks though cause its pouring outside right now, I wanna go make some noise!

My new wind screen should be here any minute, I'll throw up some pics of it as well.
You see the rain out...It is raining HARD...Less water bill for me and my lawns.

·
The Cruising Gunsmith
1,459 Posts
You see the rain out...It is raining HARD...Less water bill for me and my lawns.
I just looked out the window down here in the south bay and I think I saw your lawn float by.... but don't worry, it's still attached to the house.:(

·
Registered
491 Posts
My cf pipe on my bike is fine, and i had it about 2years.

haha, i'd only be worried about bein attacked by a bunch of women that want a ride. ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts