Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else put a Jardine 2-1 exhaust system on their bike or any exhaust system for that matter and noticed that they exited to the left of the bike?!?!?

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
I originally started with a jardine exhaust... but I'd recommend any other setup. Vance & Hances makes a great setup, or you can get slip-ons. The jardine pipes discolor very very very easily, and the muffler doesn't fit that great and sounds like poo.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah Ive definitely noticed the discoloration, and the fact that Ive lost most of my backpressure :cry: . Ill have to stick with the jardines for now since I dont feel like popping for another system just yet.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I am thinking about getting a new muffler system for my 500R soon. Which brand do you suggest? I have heard Muzzy, D&D, and all those other brands...but I havent seen any Dyno testing with the different muffler setups so I dont quite know the difference and value of each muffler.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Regardless of brand you are likely only to pull 1-3 extra hp out of the exhaust system depending on many factors. If you are looking to pull the most hp out of your bike go with 36mm flatside carbs, new full exhaust system, K&N filters and a dyno run to tune it all up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its official the jardines are gone. The pipes started to rust and because of the fact that I couldnt tighten the inner nuts on the header flanges my left header pipe came diconnected from the engine. Real nice.

·
Registered
512 Posts
i just ordered my full muzzy 2-1 system, k&n filter, and stage 1 carb kit and they should be in tomarrow for my 05 500r....hopefully they will make me heard so peopel will hear me and stop cutting me off

1 - 8 of 8 Posts