Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, getting ready to tackle the scooterize or gramp mod and went to the HD dealership and bought the jets. The numbers are as follows:

#50 27724-99
#165 DS-289322
Emulsion tube 27101-88

He said the numbers I had given him were obsolete, but they were still in the book under these numbers. Still need to get the needle jet. Has anyone found where they can be purchased seperate? Might have to just break down and buy a kit. What's the cheapest one these days? Most of you guys might already know this information, just thought I would tell my story. Getting excited about the mods! :mrgreen:

·
Custom 800
426 Posts
Just to clarify, these jets are all for the 40mm Keihin carb. Is this not right?
you can use harley jets. we all have them. use the harley emulsion tube for the main jet and the slow or pilot jet just screws in. did mine 2 years ago. you will be satisfied with this mod. you do have aftermarket pipes, right?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think I have the cruisers. There are no markings on the pipes, but when I bought the bike I also got the factory pipes with it and they don't look anything alike. I was told that they were in fact aftermarket. You can tell when you look in the end that they don't have any baffles or anything in there. Kind of got frustrated that I have read countless numbers of posts and when I finally start getting the parts together someone tells me I have the wrong stuff. Just need to get the needle jet now.

·
Rebel Rider
3,646 Posts
I think I have the cruisers. There are no markings on the pipes, but when I bought the bike I also got the factory pipes with it and they don't look anything alike. I was told that they were in fact aftermarket. You can tell when you look in the end that they don't have any baffles or anything in there. Kind of got frustrated that I have read countless numbers of posts and when I finally start getting the parts together someone tells me I have the wrong stuff. Just need to get the needle jet now.

Sherms has the needle for 35 bucks. Kawasaki Vulcan VN800's single carburated Adjustable needle

If those are the V&H Cruzers, I suggest you get some baffles for them. They will sound and run better with the baffles. You should be able to get them from Vance and Hines.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I can use this needle with the 165 main and the 50 pilot? If so, this means I need to set it on the second notch with a shim as a starting point. Sound right? I know it's redundant with all the posts out there on this subject, but after a while it all seems to run together! Thanks for the help, by the way. That's why I love this site!

·
Rebel Rider
3,646 Posts
I can use this needle with the 165 main and the 50 pilot? If so, this means I need to set it on the second notch with a shim as a starting point. Sound right? I know it's redundant with all the posts out there on this subject, but after a while it all seems to run together! Thanks for the help, by the way. That's why I love this site!

Yes, that is correct. Install the clip on the second notch to start, adjustments may be needed since each carb is a little different. You can use a shim under the clip for adjustments, that will raise the needle a half notch. Washers can be used on top on the needle to help prevent needle bounce.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.