Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbee here. Just bought my first bike '94 KDX200. The bike came with a FMF PowerCore silencer. When I got the maintenance instructions, it stated with correct jetting. I've found the proper specs, but am not familiar with what exactly (a how-to) get these dialed in. It says Main Jet 152-158???, Pilot Jet 45-48???, Needle R1173N????, Needle Position 3RD???? Air Screw 1.5 (got this one) and Remove airbox lid snorkle (understand too).

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I'm pretty handy, but don't know if I should leave this one to the Pro's?

Thanks

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
atlCoop said:
Newbee here. Just bought my first bike '94 KDX200. The bike came with a FMF PowerCore silencer. When I got the maintenance instructions, it stated with correct jetting. I've found the proper specs, but am not familiar with what exactly (a how-to) get these dialed in. It says Main Jet 152-158???, Pilot Jet 45-48???, Needle R1173N????, Needle Position 3RD???? Air Screw 1.5 (got this one) and Remove airbox lid snorkle (understand too).

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I'm pretty handy, but don't know if I should leave this one to the Pro's?

Thanks
these are just a intro to help you,2-strokes are finicky and can be burned up pretty easy. so if your not comfortable that your doing it right then let a mech. do it.
MAIN JET- #92063 on the pic, youll have to do a plug chop to see if this is ok, or you could just go full rich and leave it, better rich than lean
PILOT JET- #92064 on the pic, see what your stock pilot is, youll have to play with this one once running to get it right. youll have to play with your air screw till it revs clean and doesnt hang (going lean) dont go more than 3 turns out or the screw may vibrate and fall out on its own. if it acts lean then go to the next bigger pilot jet and try again.
NEEDLE POSITION- look at the needle and youll see grooves, count down 3 grooves and put your e-clip there (#1 is top groove)
AIR SCREW - #16014 on the pic, side of carb, lightly seat it then turn it out 1.5 turns
heres the pic.......

http://houseofmotorcycles.bikebandit.com/partsbandit/showschematic~dept_id~299576.asp

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sweet pic. that is the kind of thing that is so hard to find. Is this part of the 89-94 series KDX?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts