Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Joe Rocket Phoenix jacket and the pants. It's so much better than the crappy first gear jacket I had. The "armor" in the first gear jacket is just padding compared to the Joe Rocket jacket. The Joe Rokcket jacket is also much more breathable than the first gear. The pants are a bit snug, but it's great to be able to wear shorts. Time to lose a couple LB's.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I just got a Joe Rocket Reactor S jacket last week. It's my first jacket but i'm really enjoying it even in Florida heat. The vents on the inside of the arms work amazingly well.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Hm... I've owned a JR Phoenix jacket and pants for about a month and a half now. At first when I got them I was really pleased with both of them. They are a bit big for me but still fit ok. They seem to make larger sized clothing for people that grow out not up. But that's typical of all clothing manufacturers.

I'm not terribly wild about the construction of everything though. The armor padding is great! I haven't seen anything by First Gear up close but it doesn't look armored like JR stuff. I think that when I have the financial ability to do so I'll look into another brand. For everyday use JR seems to not cut it very well. Everything is attatched via velcro straps or snaps. Well except for the obvious placement of zippers.

I must say the pants and coat flow excellent! No complaints there. I was honestly wondering about picking up some FG stuff but none of the reviews I saw about it were in HOT weather like I get to deal with here :)

Oh well, I'll keep my eyes open for better quality stuff that flows and is armored just as well as the JR stuff I have now.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a FG jacket and have used it since the winter. In the winter I loved it - very warm and I'm perfectly happy with the armor. However, now it's warming up here in Charlotte. It has plenty of vents (1 on ea. arm, 2 on the chest, and 1 across the back), but when I open them, I blow up like the Michellin man - a human sail. After a ride my forearms are screamin' from having to hold on so tight.

I should mention it's not a sport bike jacket, it fits lower. My wife says that style looks better on me than the ones that stop at the belt-line. I'm not sure what that means :?

I'm now wishing I would have taken a closer look at the JRs. My FG has a removable liner, but it doesn't have a mesh jacket built-in, which is really what I'd like to have in this heat because when it's 80+ I usually just don't wear one (not too smart considering how they drive around here). Now my restoration is preventing me from getting a new one :cry:

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
woundwort said:
I'd like some pics of you in the pants Ninja girl.... PURELY so I can see what the pants look like..... :)

MMMMMM....well I don't have JR pants, but I do have a pair of leathers!!
Actually guys, those pics are being developed, I will post them soon!! :wink:

·
Registered
182 Posts
NinjaGirl said:
They still develope those things?! What is this world coming too?! :wink:

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Imposter said:
NinjaGirl said:
They still develope those things?! What is this world coming too?! :wink:
I am a little behind the times on "camera's"..... :wink:

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Curt said:
NinjaGirl said:
Actually guys, those pics are being developed, I will post them soon!!
If you do, you'd better be ready for all the howling from the boys (myself included). Someone tell Uncle Bob to get the hose ready.
Curt
Hose?? You mean fire hydrant!! :wink: :lol: :wink:

·
Registered
182 Posts
I don't know what it's like in Arizona but by now those pics must be done! :lol:

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Imposter said:
I don't know what it's like in Arizona but by now those pics must be done! :lol:
So demanding.... :wink:
Ok I am picking them up today....will have them posted this week, after all this back and forth on the forum they better be good UH???!!!! :wink:

·
Registered
182 Posts
NinjaGirl said:
Imposter said:
So demanding.... :wink:
Ok I am picking them up today....will have them posted this week, after all this back and forth on the forum they better be good UH???!!!! :wink:
Your fun. 8)

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Imposter said:

ok guys here you go....not the best pictures, but will do for now...ENJOY!!

1 - ME!! :wink:

2/3 - Me on my bike!! 8)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh, good. Now the board members can sleep at night. I was getting worried.
Nice bike, gotta ditch that fender, though.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Very nice! Love that biker pose! Motorcycle gals are so sexy! :wink:

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

:shock: holy crack smokin' penquins :shock:

all geared up on a gofast bike-somebody slap me :lol:
nice pics- where's bob and that hose of his :lol: :lol:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts