Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Shut up and ride!
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered some nice flame mirrors on Ebay for my 900 custom a few weeks back thinking they would be a nice mod to add over the winter...

KAWASAKI VULCAN 750 800 900 CHROME FLAME WEDGE MIRRORS - (eBay.ca item 180184461014 end time 27-Nov-07 11:30:11 EST)

So I get them today and I'm thinking the box is awfully small... gotta be smaller than I thought they were... right? No, they forgot the stems and just sent the mirrors and mounting hardware! I'm rather choked as I've been looking forward to putting these on my bike. The coolest part of them was the flamed stems in my opinion. So I emailed them right away and so far no response. I have a feeling this is gonna be the first time I get burned on ebay.
Sorry guys, just needed to vent.

·
Missy Peregrym's #1 fan!
7,792 Posts
that sucks, hopefully you get it all straightened out. i would lose my mind

·
Registered
966 Posts
Yea I would not be very Happy Either, make sure you let Ebay know and leave a comment on the site for displeasure with the seller, if you dont get satisfaction.

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
its not ebays fault - it that sellers fault... leave that seller negative feedback if they dont help out - but i would email them first!

kenny

·
Registered
324 Posts
I would email them first as you have done. you could try sending a message via ebay itself as some sellers and buyers email programs automatically send the stuff to their junk/spam fold and can miss it. Be patient for a week or so but persistant giving them every opportunity to reply. I sell on ebay quite a lot and you can miss an email or 2. it clearly states in the auction you will get the stems so it can be a genuine mistake.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Forgot to say I have had a set of these on my Sportster. Quite small mirrors but quality and a good weight. They are a bit sharp on the ends, I got up from polishing the engine casing once and hit my head on the tip. I wish I was wearing a helmet as it blo*dy hurt. the stems are nice too, when you get them.

·
Shut up and ride!
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys... I'm planning on emailing him again tomorrow when I get home if I haven't heard from him by then. It's more annoying than anything as I shouldn't have to chase someone for an item that I paid for. You all know the anticipation of waiting for new parts for your babies... it's like waiting to open gifts on Christmas morning. Getting all excited seeing the box at my door and then only recieving half of it... I'll just have to wait and see what happens :(

·
Registered
157 Posts
The seller has 99.3 positive rating and over 11,000 transactions. I'd bet it is just an oversight and they will correct it.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Hey bigdaddy, If I were you I wouldn't panic. Most ebay sellers work really hard to keep their customers happy. If they made a mistake, they will make good on it. There are a few jerks, but most are on the up & up.

Double check the listing to make sure you read it correctly. They may not include stems.

I ordered a Harley leather jacket for my wife, that was listed as brand new. We waited for two weeks, sent email to seller, waited 2 more days with no reply from the seller. I started to panic, when I got a reply that the jacket had been mailed, and that day when I got home, she was wearing it. That jacket is nicer than mine:eek:

D

·
" Metric Mafia"
387 Posts
why wait? Just follow up with a phone call, that always works for me. You can request his contact information quite easily, it just takes seconds. Go to Ebay home page. Click on Advanced search (next to the big search grey button). Then click on "find contact information" on the left column of the page under members. Then just enter the user ID of the seller and the item number of the auction. You will be sent an email with his contact information instantly.

·
Carbon Based Life Form
1,180 Posts
His feedback is ok. He sells a lot of stuff. Mistakes happen. I think all will work out in the end.

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
I wouldn't stress over it too much until you allow enough time for a response from the seller. He's got a high sales volume and my first thought is he'll want to help get the problem resolved.

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
His feedback is ok. He sells a lot of stuff. Mistakes happen. I think all will work out in the end.
+1

Not all sellers respond the same day.... Most of these guys are running actual shops, and have to allocate their time, so they may only check email once a day.
I just won an item that I KNOW will not ship until next Friday... the guy only goes to the shop to pick up eBay sales items once a week, and Friday is the day (this was stated in the auction).

I'd give him 48 hours to respond before sending another email.

·
Registered
17,940 Posts
Ha! I bought those same mirrors, too.

Give the guy a chance. As someone else said, contact the guy through the "contact seller" link in the auction rather than irect email.

I'm sure it'll work out, although I hear you about the disappointment about the additional wait time.

·
Registered
12,874 Posts
Give the guy a chance. As someone else said, contact the guy through the "contact seller" link in the auction rather than irect email.

I'm sure it'll work out, although I hear you about the disappointment about the additional wait time.
Yea, the ones for "work" :rolleyes: :wink:

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Good advice. But if by chance they do not reply after providing ample time to reply, then use the "Ask the seller a question" option, as was mentioned. State the problem to the seller and tell him/her they need to reply within 24 hours. If not, search for all other items being sold by the seller and let them know you will notify all bidders of his wrongdoing until this issue is resovled. Then you will notify Ebay and if paid via paypal, file a dispute, then leave negative feedback. You can take it as far as you desire.

I've encountered a similar issue twice within many years of dealing on Ebay and both have been resolved once they know I will never give up until it is resolved. Once they realize that, they don't want the annoyance and usually settle.

·
Registered
17,940 Posts

Yea, the ones for "work" :rolleyes: :wink:
Yup, those are them. :biggrin:

The guy shipped mine ridiculously fast, so I'd give him the benefit of the doubt. Sh*t happens.

·
Registered
59 Posts
If you paid through PayPal, go ahead and file a distue to get that started. This will get his attention and no one knows about this except you him and PP. The ad says it includes the stems and maybe it was just a mistake but starting a dispute process gets his attention. Leaving feedback is a 2 edged sword, you leave it for him and he will turn it around and leave negative for you as a buyer so you lose in the end. PayPal has always gotten mine resolved in a fair manner.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts