Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say hello! Having my first road bike delivered this weekend. I have wanted one for awhile now, but just never really got around to doing it. I was (and still am) a very big fan/contributor to the import car scene, and hope to carry that on to the street bike scene!

I shopped around locally for days, and decided on getting an 06 Ninja 250. I ALMOST bought a 600r but knowing my daredevil ways on off road vehicles I told myself it would be better to start on a 250 and move up to a bigger bike next season or so, rather than get on something I KNOW I will want to use the full power of and not live to see next season :D haha!

I picked the bike up for $1,600 delivered ½ way or so (about an hour for the seller 1½ for me). It's got 8,000 miles on it, brand new rubber in the back, good rubber up front, Muzzy 2-1 carbon fiber exhaust, rear fender was eliminated, K&N filter, jetted, upgraded front and rear sprockets (didn't get to much details on the sprockets). It WAS dropped, the first time rider was practicing in a parking lot and went over a speed bump and opened the throttle wide open. To make a long story short, they weren't on the bike anymore at this point. It ended up with a small dent in the tank where the bars hit it, and the left side has some little cracks in the plastics. The paint was fixed in these areas though, so it is hardly noticeable unless looking for it. All-in-all I think I got a pretty good deal.

Keep in mind I purchased this without knowing a **** thing about bikes, haha. Going on a whim here, I plan to have it thoroughly looked at by a mechanic so IF anything is needed by the time I can ride it, it will already be done. Cant wait, 3 more days until delivery/pickup!

Only pic I have so far, bike hasn't changed though

·
Registered
264 Posts
Take an MSF class! You are probably better off with the 250. From what I hear, the 600 is wicked fast and tricky for a beginner. 250, 500, or 650 is better to learn on. But you can hurt yourself on anything, so watch out out there! A good friend of mine .. in his younger days he was quite the dare devil. Pulled over for doing a wheelie down the road, "You were standing on the seat!" "It is more powerful than I thought. I was trying to push the front end down!" and "Did you know that a dirt bike can out run police Harleys in the woods?" :) He has a BIG OL' cruiser now. "Can't do a wheelie on that. Even if I goose it over a bump..." so it is not for lack of trying :)

Be careful. Go slow. Enjoy!
Brian

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Take an MSF class! You are probably better off with the 250. From what I hear, the 600 is wicked fast and tricky for a beginner. 250, 500, or 650 is better to learn on. But you can hurt yourself on anything, so watch out out there! A good friend of mine .. in his younger days he was quite the dare devil. Pulled over for doing a wheelie down the road, "You were standing on the seat!" "It is more powerful than I thought. I was trying to push the front end down!" and "Did you know that a dirt bike can out run police Harleys in the woods?" :) He has a BIG OL' cruiser now. "Can't do a wheelie on that. Even if I goose it over a bump..." so it is not for lack of trying :)

Be careful. Go slow. Enjoy!
Brian
Yeah, I am sure I'll enjoy every minute of it. As for the class, I plan to attend in April when it is offered again around here. Wouldn't get on a bike without it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.