Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Administrator
3,817 Posts
Yes, your red arrow points to #10, the oil seal. I cannot see the entire clutch arm mechanism that pushes on the clutch rod from the LH side case. Presumably it is still mounted inside the side case and not visible, but if you have that mechanism then yes it looks like just the ball and #9 is all you need.

·
Registered
1978 Kawasaki KD125
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Yes, your red arrow points to #10, the oil seal. I cannot see the entire clutch arm mechanism that pushes on the clutch rod from the LH side case. Presumably it is still mounted inside the side case and not visible, but if you have that mechanism then yes it looks like just the ball and #9 is all you need.
Update - So the steel ball is still there which is good news. So it looks like the only thing missing is #9. I looked up part #9 and it's just a rubber collar. I can't see how that would prevent the clutch from operating but then again what do I know lol... I have a feeling that part #5 was not installed correctly by the previous owner or maybe messed with. Because there is some adjustment involved with that piece. Should get the new cable this week and will post updates here on how it is going.

By the way, when I pulled off the right side cover and carburetor I noticed this little pin on the ground after. I don't recall anything falling out but any idea if this belongs somewhere either attached to the carb or somewhere on the right side when taking things apart? I removed the cover, carb, brake pedal, and brake cable & kick. Gotta pay more attention next time!

Grey Automotive tire Finger Thumb Auto part

21 - 22 of 22 Posts