Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Vegas Vulcan
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I picked up a 2001 Buell Cyclone M2 in Henderson, NV with 15,000 miles. It's really yellow! Rode it home as the sun was setting. I just had to have one of these bikes and of course it was a steal. There's just nothing else like them and I figured I'd get one while the good ones are still around.

I never realized how much fun these bikes are to ride. It's stock with the exception of a Vance and Hines exhaust and a re-jetted carbuerator.

It shakes just like a Harley and with the body made of plastic the flexing is going nuts. But rev it up, she smooths right out and the torque is unbelievable. You roll on the throttle pulling through a sweeper and the front end just digs in and she just goes. Here's a few pics I snapped.

[URL=http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa139/SuperRando/Buell/DSC01343.jpg][/URL]

·
Serial Sport Rider
638 Posts
With the untimely demise of the Buell brand, couldn't you have scored a new one for not a lot more? I thought HD was dumping them for super cheap?

In any case, congrats on the new to you ride!

·
Vegas Vulcan
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
With the untimely demise of the Buell brand, couldn't you have scored a new one for not a lot more? I thought HD was dumping them for super cheap?

In any case, congrats on the new to you ride!
A lot more than what? I don't remember saying what I paid. Besides, they haven't made the Cyclone for quite a few years. It's the one I wanted.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Good for you CR. I thought A-J's comment was a little disingenuous.

You're right about the Cyclone. It has a distinctly different character to the new Buells.

·
Serial Sport Rider
638 Posts
A lot more than what? I don't remember saying what I paid. Besides, they haven't made the Cyclone for quite a few years. It's the one I wanted.
A whole lot more than what I would imagine a used Buell would go for. Of course, other than some limited research on the Buell Blast back in the day, I'm not really up to speed on the current pricing or which models are no longer made. No offense intended, it was a serious question based on everything I've read about brand new Buells being blown out for ridiculously low prices. There was no insincerity in my post, and I meant it whole heartedly when I said congrats on the ride.

·
Vegas Vulcan
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
A whole lot more than what I would imagine a used Buell would go for. Of course, other than some limited research on the Buell Blast back in the day, I'm not really up to speed on the current pricing or which models are no longer made. No offense intended, it was a serious question based on everything I've read about brand new Buells being blown out for ridiculously low prices. There was no insincerity in my post, and I meant it whole heartedly when I said congrats on the ride.
I imagine that since the announcement of the end of Buell's production their final bikes will enter a collector status and demand more of a premium, especially considering the uniqueness of the product. I don't think you should be too concerned about what I paid. I am happy with the cash price I negotiated and I love the bike. It's a great addition to the stable.

I just realized you're from So Cal. I see.

·
Vegas Vulcan
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Congrats, I only wish I had to funds to scoop up a new Buell, or a used one for that matter.

I'm sure you've all seen Erik Buell's fairwell video. I won't lie, it brought a tear to my eye.

YouTube:Message from Erik Buell
I thought for sure the guy was going to start balling. It's tough when you lose your lifes blood.

I feel sorry for the employees who have stuck with him through thick and thin. I'm sure Erik Buell will still excel in his field with Harley or another company.

·
Serial Sport Rider
638 Posts
I don't think you should be too concerned about what I paid. I just realized you're from So Cal. I see.
I don't recall saying that I was even remotely concerned with what you paid, cause I'm not.

I just realized you're from So Cal. I see.
That makes zero sense.

Here is all you should take away from my posts:

Nice bike - congrats.

·
Rolling with the big dogs
1,019 Posts
Wow, beautiful bike! A guy on my job had a blue 2002. I would look at it and pretend I was riding. Congrats!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.