Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.

Well I currently own a 1990 600R ninja with 13k miles on it. I bought a used SS2R Vance and Hines exhaust on ebay and am waiting for it to arrive. Now for my questions:

Will it really be necessary to rejet the carbs? I have heard some awfully terrible stories about people getting there carbs rejetted. I understand that I will not be getting the full performance effect is I dont rejet but the main purpose for purchasing this exhaust was to increase the look and sound of my bike.

So, pretty much what I am asking is:

Will not rejetting my carbs after installing this exhaust system hurt my bike? Will it damage it in any way?

Thanks,

Sam

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've got an '87 ninja 600rx with a vance and hines Supersport 4-1 full system, K&N pod filters, and jetted. As of now I'm using 124 mains, the needle on the 3rd groove from the top, and the mixture screw 3 turns out.

My bike still will not run right with my mods, but you will need to rejet to run properly. If you go to knfilters.com and then go to motorcycles. They have stage 1 and 3 jet kits for $35 plus $6 shipping.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts