Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mwahahahaha. Gave my 2 weeks today, finally. I was waiting for the boss to come in, so I didn't give it on Saturday or Sunday. She didn't come in again today, so I just called her on her cell phone and told her that I was quitting. I said because of school stuff, which isn't valid at all, but I just can't make myself be an ass to a lot of people.

I seem to have gotten her the day before she goes on her 2 week vacation, so she is going to "talk more about it" when she gets back. In other words, try to convince me to not leave, but there ain't no way in hell I'm staying.

I am already fairly sure I can land a job at the church, 9$ an hour for just facility type of work isn't too bad.

Just to briefly describe what I just quit, lemme give you my reasons.

1. Making 6$ an hour while working in a high pressure enviroment where things often go wrong, but they must be dealt with.

2. High expectations. Kinda goes along with what was said before, but I am often expected to manage other newer people and held responsible for their actions. The boss frequently leaves on busier days and gives all the responsibility to 3 16 year olds, then acts like nothing should ever go wrong. When things do, bitching bitching and more bitching.

3. Lack of breaks. I don't exactly know the legality of the working system, but I am fairly certain that requiring a 16 year old male to work from 3-9:30 without recieving a single break has to be against some law.

So there you have it. I'm so happy. :D

·
Registered
116 Posts
Good luck. I recently did the same thing, it's kind of scary working without a net. :)

Maybe if you put your location in your profile some of us might know of a job or 2 we could point you at.

·
Registered
92 Posts
for #3 I think the child labor laws in the US state that minors aren't allowed more than 7 hours on the clock without a break...you're just shy of that mark. When I was your age I worked 9 and 10 hour days, and they made sure we took a break right about in the middle of that.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
a $6 buck an hour job isn't worth very much stress, even $8 or $9 an hour isn't worth stress. Just find a place where you can make enough money and enjoy what you do and who you do it with and you'll be in good shape.

·
Registered
456 Posts
comeback_kid96 said:
. . . I just called her on her cell phone and told her that I was quitting. I said because of school stuff, which isn't valid at all . . .

. . . I am already fairly sure I can land a job at the church, 9$ an hour for just facility type of work isn't too bad.

Just to briefly describe what I just quit, lemme give you my reasons.

1. Making 6$ an hour while working in a high pressure enviroment where things often go wrong, but they must be dealt with.

2. High expectations. Kinda goes along with what was said before, but I am often expected to manage other newer people and held responsible for their actions. The boss frequently leaves on busier days and gives all the responsibility to 3 16 year olds, then acts like nothing should ever go wrong. When things do, bitching bitching and more bitching.

3. Lack of breaks. I don't exactly know the legality of the working system, but I am fairly certain that requiring a 16 year old male to work from 3-9:30 without recieving a single break has to be against some law.

So there you have it. I'm so happy. :D
Don't quit a job on a whim. Jobs are too important, and just because you think you will get one doesn't mean that you will. But it sounds like you've thought it through thoroughly. If I were in your shoes I'd sure try to get the new job lined up first, but I don't blame you for quitting now.

As for reason 1, yep, I'm with ya, $6 is not much, and I'll bet you can easily find lots and lots of jobs paying more than that.

As for reason 2, I'm sort of with you. Every job has crap to deal with and jerks and lazy bastards that make you look bad. That's life. And that includes church jobs, too. I've worked in churches for 20 years. But, if you hate your job, then your whole life becomes miserable and your health deteriorates. It's just not worth it to be in a job you hate. So find something you love to do, find a way to get paid for it, and you'll never have to work a day in your life. Just don't think it's going to be perfect.

As for reason 3, I don't care much about breaks, but if it's important to you, then you probably have a valid complaint. I expect your state laws limit how long you can be forced to work without a break, especially since you're a minor.

But do tell your boss the real reasons you're quitting. She employed you, and gave you money, and it's the decent thing to be honest with her so she can become a better boss to the next person. She might not change, and she probably won't, but at least then you are blameless.
Curt

·
Registered
837 Posts
8) onward thru the fog my friend 8) you'll be fine...get other jobs...get married....have a bunch a kids...go thru their stuff....send them to college....pull your hair out...but at the end of every day....get on your scoot...cruise around...clear your head.....enjoy life 8)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts