Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone i just picked up a 2001 Nija 250. is there any info you guys can give me about this bike? anything i should know? also i need new tires can anyone recomend any good tires? and what size should i get? can i get a bigger rear tire? stock is 130 can i go bigger? also i will prbably do some performance mods to it later on, so what are some of the main mods people do? ive heard Muzzy F/S exhaust are good so ill probably get that later on. i really need help on tires tho so if you could help e about that, that would be great. :cry:

·
Registered
16 Posts
You should check out www.ninja250.com. They have all sorts of information pertaining to the 250. You cannot really put a bigger tire on the rear. In fact, on mine i have a 120, which is really what is ideal for most people. The 120 is better for overall driving, and the 130 has a slightly larger profile, so it is slightly better for highway use. There is about 4 lbs difference between the two, and due to the gyroscopic effect the weight effect of a 130 instead of a 120 is equivalent to carrying 16 lbs dead weight on your bike.
I won't drone on and on about everything you can do to the bike, because it is all available on the link I mentioned previously. If you need anything, shoot me a PM.[/url]

·
Registered
380 Posts
Guess they must be having issues today...

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
130 on the rear is plenty of tire. I have one on my Ninja 900 and trust me, I use the whole thing. Try some Pirelly Sport Demons for your bike and I think you will be happy with them.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
You can get them from Beartooth Kawi and should not be more than a couple of bucks for each one.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Aikata said:
Guess they must be having issues today...
Yeah, they've been down for a while, I think I heard something about it before they went down. They should be up in a day or two I'd think.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1Adam12 said:
You can get them from Beartooth Kawi and should not be more than a couple of bucks for each one.
theres a place called StarCycle that has them too, anyone heard of this online store?

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
They are close by to me and I have used them for buying my pipe and gaskets as well. Give Beartooth a hollar and see what they can do for you though to be fair to our sponsor.

Other mods to consider. In order of preference and probably highest cost as well.

Handling:
A) Race Tech custom springs for your specific weight, Progressive springs would be another good choice.
B) Rear suspension upgrade. Penske Shock, Works Performance shock, Used Fox Shock or go with a Ninja 600 85-87 shock for adjustability.
C) Muzzy Pipes with Titanium headers first and Stainless second. Can in Carbon fiber, Titanium, Stainless and aluminum last.
D) Jet kit - Factory Pro Stage 1 or 3 and Dynajet Stage 1 or 3
E) K&N filters.
F) If you plan of keeping the 250 for any length of time you can have your engine get a valve job and have the head ported for more power.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i went with Dunlops. there the ArrowMax GT501 the guy said there the stickiest tires you can buy for the bike. he also mentioned he raced on them so i figured he must know what hes talking about. The only problem is i need to rais the fender about an inch in order the make the tire fit. but thats just 2 little holes no biggy

·
Registered
380 Posts
Yep, that's the only bad side to the GT501's

1 - 15 of 15 Posts