Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a KFX400 a few days ago. I am getting this whining noise it sounds like it is coming from the rear brake. I called the place where I got it from but they want me to take it in to them. The problem is they live about 80 miles from me. What could it be thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It seems like if the rear brake pads are rubbing constantly against the disc. Which is causeing the squeaking.

·
Registered
66 Posts
brakes may need to be adjusted...don't assume that the dealer put the bike together correctly...it's your butt on the white line, not theirs

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
you dont they are hydraulic if i remember right. theres nothing you can do about it. hydraulic brakes rub the discs. havent seen/heard a bike yet that doesnt do it unless the pads are wore out. and some pads will squel when cold

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
QKENUF4U said:
you dont they are hydraulic if i remember right. theres nothing you can do about it. hydraulic brakes rub the discs. havent seen/heard a bike yet that doesnt do it unless the pads are wore out. and some pads will squel when cold
Well I drove the 80 miles to have it check out today. They said it is normal on most ATVs and Dirt Bikes. Big relief off my back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts