Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for the best source of information and parts fr a B8. I did a search here this morning and saw a few older threads and will read them. But wanted to make sure any B8 owners knew I was here and interesting in restoration.

Mine was a true $100 barn find. Plane is to restore it and ride it at the Barber Vintage festival.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Wow. You have your work cut out for you. What exactly is a B8? Does it have a name and what year is it?
I will follow this thread for sure. This looks like a challenge.

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
From some quick searches I didn't see much info on the B8. There are a few manuals listed on EB.
Some sites you can try: Zedder. Kawasaki. Partzilla. CycleChaos. Wikipedia.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The EPA should've paid you $100 to pull it out of that creek where you found it!:) Good luck on the resto, I'd love to see the pictures.

Don't forget to check eBay. A search of "motorcycle parts for Kawasaki B8" turned up 20+ pages, a lot of it junk but some of it stuff you'll definitely need.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Turns out it is an F1, 175. 1966 I suspect.

The F1 was simply a bored out B8 with 18 inch wheels instead of 16" on the B8.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey, I'm planning on buying one as well, maybe we can help eachother out and find parts! getting this thing for $360 with delivery! They took the ad down before i could save the other pictures of it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After taking mine apart I found out why it was parked back in 1972 and then never touched again. It had damage to the center case that left an opening. The inside of the engine was orange. Since the frame was worthless ( I could and did literally stick my finger through it) I decided to remove the reusable parts.

Even though I paid just $100, what you have there is a much better deal. Especially if the tank badges say "Kawasaki Aircraft."

What platform was the add on?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I found it on craigslist. Usually these things would already be grabbed but i dont think a lot of people can afford projects right now. He says it's seized, which i know how to handle. And I've done plenty of restos and am very mechanically inclined (thankfully) and just about finished my 1967 ct90 fixer upper. So this one will officially be the rarest and oldest one I've fixed up so far. the only thing I know will be hard to find is the cables. But i'm a redneck and can make things work when they aren't supposed to. Lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
I know they are a different make, but Honda 65s and Honda dreams are all similar in almost every way. I've seen suzikis similar too. there are plenty of those around too that I could probably use for parts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There are a LOT of things that are the same on B8 and an F1. It is basically the same engine/bike with a larger cylinder and piston, 18" wheels instead of 16 on the B8 and different forks and shocks to accommodate the larger wheels. I still have the engine and you are welcome to it for nuthin. So redneck huh. I'm in Clover SC. Where are you? Heck you can have the whole thing for $100. Some of the cables are still good. Speedo nacelle, tail light, side stand & spring, and front fender are all god. Actually that stainless front fender shines up like new.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Oh dang! Originally from central Oregon, and been on the outskirts of Portland for about 10 years now! Been working on cars and mopeds,nopeds and now motorcycles for the last 5 years or so. I wish I could just pick them up from you! Too bad shipping would be so much money.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts