Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys. I raced motocross for about 8 years or so and this is my first street bike. I have been cruising around now for about 3 days and I love it. I have seen the yoshimura pipes and they sound awesome. They come with a price tag though. My bike has dual exhaust and I was thinking about adding a full yoshimura exhaust to it. I am not sure about all the other mods that can be done to this bike. Again, I am not into the whole street thing, I have been playin in the dirt for a while and I just needed a change. As far as the liscence plate on this thing, the black piece that holds it on needs to go, it makes the rear end of the bike look tacky. Any suggestions on a new bracket for my plate? Syling and perfomance mods are all welcome suggestions. This is my first post by the way and I am looking forward to hearing from all of ya. Later.

Dallas

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
MODS

SINCE YOU HAVE some serious bike under you and you understand dirt bikes...take the rear fender and mark it with a black magic marker or with masking tape, and dremel off what you no longer need...it's justa nasty drag chute slowing you down, but leave room to hang your tag from it and you could even use license plate blots to iluminate it if you wanted. Then take a file then sandpaper to get the rough edges down to smooth plastic. Get some flush mount turn signals, and if you set to high and in the airflow get yorself a taller windscreen or find an extra seat and shave it till you get the proper length and height to keep you within the airstream. If you don't need all of the top end speed on your bike then you already know about how to change the gearing...better get up and go= less topend (but who needs 158MPH anyway?) Order some serious sticky tires. go out to the tire company websites and then look at teh comparison tests like in teh sport rider magazine...and get the stickiest tires that you need. Depending upon your leg length and arm reach you may need to lengthen your seat, or raise your windshield and you may also want rearsets. Adjust your brake and clutch levers for your perfect reach so that you are not reaching around the handlebar for the levers when you need them. Add/change your horns to a pair of hi/low tones for safety, add frame sliders, go with the Yoshi pipe and headers, and get your carbs rejetted, and change your lamps to LED's to be seen better in the daylight as well as night! A tennis ball in your loose pocket to toss at a car or truck windshield when they pull a major blunder in font of you is optional but not necessary, esp with the new horns...and if your budget permits one of those fancy security devices that transmits up to a half mile or so... Since you are used to dirt bikes dump the steel exhaust in favor of the Yoshi's, lose the centerstand, and any other dead weight that you are hauling around. change over to a K&N or other Hi-performance reusable airfilter and keep it WELL oiled, in fact it is advisable to have two of them, as you never know what is going to happen and you may need a spare, even saving your new one that came stock in a box. Raising your gearing you may want to consider running the iridium plugs...make sure that they are the same pitch and the same length before you install them, to long and they will get carbon on them and you cant get them out or worse yet you hit the piston with them. Once you actually get about 4,000 miles or where ever your oil change is then switch to 100% synthetic,,,,and probably most important fron the time you buy the bike to the very last day that you have her keep a log and a notebook of EVERYTHIG that you do to her including every drip of gas and all...Serial numbers...insurance...and settings for your bike dampening and all...one thing at a time and very causiously keep detailed records of this perhaps on a special sheet in your book for later reference. Include the tire pressures and remarks of how it feels...all tis will become apparent as you continue to build your book. IF you don't have a fuel filter, get a good one not a plastic one! Hmm. if you run out of ideas, feel free to write me or ask the rest of the forum for ideas...(here I go) you could also get a Ninja 250R to play with, just keep watching the papers. change the gearing.............

1 - 2 of 2 Posts