·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can I expect any power gains with it?

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
So it was you who bought it ! I was watching that one myself. Some of the wirges pipes work well, others don't. The wirges street pipes for the kawasaki triples don't work compared to the other makes available back in the day, such as Dencos and Bassanis. The wirges stingers for the triples, I'm told, work well. Just put your F11 pipe on and give it a try. Please let us know what you think about it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Found this in a March 1973 "Motorcyclist".

"Bill Wirges, Box 204, R.R.2, Princton, Ill. 61356. Available for most all Kawas, Wirges expansion chambers are thoroughly dyno tested for maximum performance. Prices range from $38 to $114. Mufflers are available for all their chambers."

·
Registered
27 Posts
I bought a Bassani for my F11 back in 1973. Had to ride really carefully around town as it was LOUD! Pipe may cause the bike to run a bit lean so keep an eye on the plug colour.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Due to the new exhaust, the 60 over piston, and the new carb the bike will be dyno tuned before it's ridden! I can't wait!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Strange you mentioned Bassani... just got a parts bike with one on it... I think I'll use that for the F11 instead of the Wirges as it has a nice chamber on it... probably will make more power.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bill Wirges is my grandfather
I've been searching for a while for an aftermarket pipe for the F11; as the stock one was really beat.

Found this on ebay, couldn't beat the price! Says it is quiet, which is good as that's what I need! I'm going to have it blasted and powdercoated black for a nice shiny look.

Never heard of Wirges though. Any input?

eBay Motors: KAWASAKI F11 250 F 11 ENDURO WIRGES MUFFLER EXHAUST (item 230160951120 end time Aug-18-07 10:44:14 PDT)

·
Registered
244 Posts
Had Wirges clutch springs in my KH400 and they worked great. Had a Wirges pipe on my 74 KX 125, well made, good fit, very quiet, sadly it gutted top end power. My 81 GPZ550 had a Bassani when I bought it. nice looking, good fit, good power, loudest thing I ever heard, I was embarrassed to even pull out of the yard with it. Put a Kawasaki Kerker on, much better.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts