Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned over 14 motorcycles anc my favorite has to be the Kawasaki concourse 14 for sure. It’s the best sport toured hands down! Unfortunately I had to see it and now I’m looking at something different! I have my eye on a cruiser-a 2006 Vulcan 2000 LTD for 3,999.00. Any opinions on this bike?

·
Super Moderator
10,634 Posts
Welcome!

You've bumped your head! The 2013+ Yamaha FJR model and especially the later ES model is by far the bestest sport touring bike out there :mad:. The lack of cruise control on the Connie is a deal breaker for most long distance folks. Of course I don't own one :rolleyes:! But I do have an '07 I bought new and rolled 128, xxx miles on the odometer this year. Still runs like a scalded dog too :cool:!! I'm 5'10"/180 lbs and when shopping I found the Connie was just too tall for me. The FJR fit me much better but I still tell folks I'd probably still be on a Connie if I were 2-4" taller and about 40 lbs heavier.

I've never owned the V2K but have ridden with several folks who do. Be sure to check on the bearing thing- IIRC, it's been a long time, but the Vulcan 2000 has an issue with an output shaft bearing or shifter bearing or something like like that goes out if the drive belt is too tight. Or something like that, you'll have to dig deep in the web to find it. When you do, please come back and refresh my memory. Other than that it's a hoot to ride. A former coworker let me ride his and man! That thing will jerk tree stumps right out of the ground. Carries its weight extremely well. I enjoyed putting it through the paces.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts