Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it's been fairly sunny and pretty warm for the last week or so. I go and get my new bike and it turns rainy and cold. Now I start my new job tomorrow, so no more free days to spend practicing. :x

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

hang in there buddy-i'm gettin the same weather you are,spring is just around the corner
and pretty soon we'll all have sore butts :lol:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can't say there's ever been a time I've looked forward to a sore butt! But I sure am now.

I can't believe I waited this long to get a bike, 15 years since the last ride. Been foaming at the mouth for one for the past 2.

·
Registered
43 Posts
ekinee,

I see you are from the Cowtown. When was the last time you went to Joe T's? I love the place! I grew up in Houston, but my mother and my brother and his family live in Fort Worth now and I have a cousin in Ridchardson. I go to Fort Worth about 2-3 times a year. Nothing here in Mobile, AL compares with Joe T Garcia's!!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
I feel your pain, I just got my bike after a few years of nothing, and it's been storming here like crazy. I've been lucky to get the one 5 minute ride in between storms since I bought it a week ago.

·
Proud Owner Of This Forum & Beartooth Kawasaki
2,735 Posts
We all have bike fever, I can hardly wait, I took the cruiser out on December 24th (little cool) warm weather is coming! YES! 8)

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
The 2 months after I got my bike it rained every other day.... but I just got to learn how to ride in the rain (it sucks BTW)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bringing it home the first day it rained and was cold. First time being on a bike in YEARS, and had to jump into traffic in the cold and rain. Had some serious pucker factor going at first.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
ekinnee said:
Bringing it home the first day it rained and was cold. First time being on a bike in YEARS, and had to jump into traffic in the cold and rain. Had some serious pucker factor going at first.
I had to ride home in the cold and rain from class, froze my butt off, 32F (0C) and raining, had to go through 1ft+ water. I was soaked.

·
Registered
837 Posts
yea..i cant wait till these fronts stop comming thru too.man the wind is really blowing down here today.30-40 mph suppose to blow out of here by the weekend...

·
Registered
380 Posts
LOL, and after I say that it rains for almost two days in a row... :roll:

PERFECT weather for my first experience on a motorcycle eh...? :p

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Aikata said:
LOL, and after I say that it rains for almost two days in a row... :roll:

PERFECT weather for my first experience on a motorcycle eh...? :p
gotta learn to ride in the rain sometime, it does happen.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts