Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
I put one on my wifes 900 and it does make a difference..By the way..don't forget to take off the plastic belt cover on the inside of the pulley cover.The belt will rub this and make a horrendous noise unless removed. The pulley is a lot bigger and the gap between the plastic belt indicator and the belt will be zero.
T.O.

·
Registered
699 Posts
The only problem I had was removing the pulley nut - I can loosen the wheel nut because I already had a shop do that once.

Someone at Kaw needs to dial down that 27MM socketed air wrench.

The only time I had the dreaded belt noise was off the showroom floor when I could see that the alignment marks differed by half a notch. No noise after installing the pulley, no noise after having the rear tire replaced.

·
Swingin like a monkey
814 Posts
I had my dealer install mine ... I don't have much mechanical skills. Put over 15,000 miles on with no problems.

A bit of experienced advice......a very long breaker bar! It is no easy task to get the bolt loose that holds the stock pulley in place. It's smooth sailing after that.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I cheated and used my air wrench. Nice to have the right tools. If you do a considerable amount of highway type driving you will enjoy it. The directions are on the scoot works site incase yours are eaten by the dog or something. I know I have ordered some things before and the way they get packed, well lets say it looks as though they use the directions as part of the packing. lol Enjoy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.